Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

STB has now grossed $320m WW. I'm thinking it will probably end it's run around $335m. not so great. but there will... probably be a sequel, I hope.  It doesn't have any major territories to release in does it? thank goodness for China, it would have been a complete trainwreck overseas if it weren't for that.

• Like 2

On 9/21/2016 at 5:58 PM, Treecraft said:

This was a much more innocent & enjoyable movie than the other blockbusters we've had this summer, shame it flopped Underperformed

It underperformed domestically. Flop is reserved for movies way, way, way off the mark like an Alice 2 or Huntsman 2. Plus, it's overseas bolstered it so in the end for sure not a flop.

After all these years we still have educating to do for users on the differences in classification. 

8 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

It underperformed domestically. Flop is reserved for movies way, way, way off the mark like an Alice 2 or Huntsman 2. Plus, it's overseas bolstered it so in the end for sure not a flop.

After all these years we still have educating to do for users on the differences in classification. 

It flopped at the box office. Home media sales should make it break even in the long term.

1 hour ago, That One Chris Pratt said:

This is sad... :sadben:

My curse is spreading...it affected this and just recently had Mag 7 underperform, and it'll likely miss 100M as a result.  Miss Pergrine's...Deepwater Horizon....don't let me down :sadben: 

How did Magnificent 7 underperform?

27 minutes ago, That One Chris Pratt said:

It performed similar to The Equalizer, while this had the benefit of Pratt, Hawke, and a more well-known property.

westerns generally do not perform very well, I would hardly call Mag7 a "well known property" given that most people going to see it weren't even born when the original was released.

Ethan Hawke is not, and never has been, a box office draw, and Chris Pratt's power is completely untested.

It did fine, slightly better than I expected.

Edited by Treecraft
  • Like 1

On 9/25/2016 at 0:02 PM, filmlover said:

Re: That One Chris Pratt

People are kinda putting too much weight on Pratt's shoulders. Remember that nobody even knew who he was 3 years ago. Movie stars don't happen overnight.

He's getting paid and treated like a movie star/big draw and he's getting parts like one so it's fair if he's scrutinized like one. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

That is a quick a turnaround for a major film and it's surprisingly opening on Home Video in the middle of other titles around the the same size (GB and X-men)

Maybe they want to beat the slew of sci fi movies coming out soon?  I think it will do well, whenever it comes out, though.

Honestly, just re-watched this one, now at home and damn, it holds up so well. The sabotage scene might be the most fun scene in a blockbuster this year, simply sublime fun.

The movie is so beautiful to look at too, wow. The VFX is simply some of the most amazing work I've seen in a film, ever. That space station is indeed a beauty to behold.

This movie deserved more, much more. I'll be incredibly sad if we don't get a sequel.

• Like 8