Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

4 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Honestly, just re-watched this one, now at home and damn, it holds up so well. The sabotage scene might be the most fun scene in a blockbuster this year, simply sublime fun.

The movie is so beautiful to look at too, wow. The VFX is simply some of the most amazing work I've seen in a film, ever. That space station is indeed a beauty to behold.

This movie deserved more, much more. I'll be incredibly sad if we don't get a sequel.

Me too.  I finally saw it in IMAX and it was well worth the money.  Unfortunately, that was the third time I saw it, so the scenes didn't exactly have any surprise factor. 

• Like 1

I really hope the movies box office doesn't keep them from doing another one. They're gonna have to do something to reign the budget in some though. Maybe get it down to more in the 150m area. 

I love the cast and the way they interact with each other. I'd like to see them stick around for at least another couple movies. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Image result for suicide squad oscar meme

One of the voters in that Brutally Honest Oscar Vote thing on Hollywood Reporter said their screener disc for Beyond malfunctioned so they couldn't vote for it so they voted for SS.  

Either that happened a lot or voters mistook the great make-up in Beyond for VFX.  Otherwise it's inexplicable.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

One of the voters in that Brutally Honest Oscar Vote thing on Hollywood Reporter said their screener disc for Beyond malfunctioned so they couldn't vote for it so they voted for SS.  

Either that happened a lot or voters mistook the great make-up in Beyond for VFX.  Otherwise it's inexplicable.

A lot of the success of SS was duo to the character's designs, specially Harley's as it really became sorta iconic. I think that's the thinking most of them gave it when they voted for SS.