Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

Everybody thought it would be bigger though, right? Both us common folk on this board and the studios themselves.

I'm still holding out hope for a new ST tv series.

There were people here who didn't see an increase. Just cause the studio also judged poorly doesn't mean anything to validate the numbers of people who still live in the "sequels will, must, increase world". 

It's also why many won't be shocked if CF doesn't beat IM3 at years end. 

lol as if you are sure of SW Vll release date.

Took it a little to far here. I don't know and didn't presume that I did either. There a 12 months to choose from no reason VII/ST3 have to be in the same month.

Took it a little to far here. I don't know and didn't presume that I did either. There a 12 months to choose from no reason VII/ST3 have to be in the same month.

That is if SW Vll is for 2015. If Disney opts for a 2016 release, ST lll doesn't have any choice but to open during the holidays of 2016. That could affect its box office. MM and SWATH. OHF and WHD.

That is if SW Vll is for 2015. If Disney opts for a 2016 release, ST lll doesn't have any choice but to open during the holidays of 2016. That could affect its box office. MM and SWATH. OHF and WHD.

Why would it matter? TA and B/S 2 months apart. I think ST and SW could survive the same Summer. Not really if that much would get those holiday legs. ST is no MM and in this case OHF was better off, so what does that mean? Don't tell me that WHD pre-release wouldn't be your SW?

Why would it matter? TA and B/S 2 months apart. I think ST and SW could survive the same Summer. Not really if that much would get those holiday legs. ST is no MM and in this case OHF was better off, so what does that mean? Don't tell me that WHD pre-release wouldn't be your SW?

SW Vll and ST are way more similar than TA: AOU and B/S. It's just that those who already saw SW Vll might not opt for another "space-themed" blockbuster.

So Cornish directed an OK Sci-Fi parody and helped write one OK film and another unproven/unreleased one and that makes him a top candidate for Paramount's flagship franchise?

Posted Image

Well, studios love these directors-puppets. Look at Marvel, Webb, Wyatt, Yates or Trevorrow. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Attack the block was awful, it had some of the most unrelatable characters in recent memory. The general audience hated it, it would be a step in the wrong direction hiring Cornish for ST3 when he is so unproven IMO.

Reactionary type of flick. Do't know why people recommend it

• Like 1

SW Vll and ST are way more similar than TA: AOU and B/S. It's just that those who already saw SW Vll might not opt for another "space-themed" blockbuster.

How do you figure? AOU and B/S are way (maybe not way), but more similar than ST3/SW. Still dame genre and type of movies within the genres. Same goes with B/S.

There's no reason ST and SW couldn't be released in the same year. Especially since after STID, people won't have unrealistic expectations anymore for ST13.

So long as it's not released in the same month, it'll be fine.

Once before, Star Trek and Star Wars movies were released in the same year, in 2002. In an odd coincidence they turned out to be the low points for each franchise, AOTC and Nemesis. But of course their box office runs were not affected by the other in the least.

• Like 1

November is currently empty with only Trolls and Disneys untitled animated film, November 11th or November 18th would be fine. If Paramount wants a summer slot then July 1st.

Against T5 and ID4-2? Would be sci-fi overload.

Edited by Neo

Against T5 and ID4-2? Would be sci-fi overload.

At this point both of those movies should be filed under "I'll believe them when I see them". It's possible one of them will make the current release date, though it's probably just as likely that neither of them will. There's pretty much a 0% chance that both of them will though.