Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

I thought the teaser was okay, but I tend to be somewhat forgiving when it comes to trailers.

There's just no hype for this though. That's the main issue.

Edited by cookie

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

I thought the teaser was okay, but I tend to be somewhat forgiving when it comes to trailers.

There's just no hype for this though. That's the main issue.

The scheduling of films has changed a lot, with tentpoles like THG and BVS now opening in March and FF in April. It's really more difficult to generate hype when months before a certain movie's release there are, I suppose, bigger films. I mean Paramount won't market this much in March, April, not even May. So June with TMNT II? That's kinda late.

3 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

They are having re-shoots to add a character.

The film, which we hear is undergoing some reshoots next week with Aghdashloo playing the role of the High Command of the Federation, is being directed by Justin Lin. J.J. Abrams is producing. However, the film is still on track to be released this summer, on July 22, from Paramount.

As per the next trailer, Paramount might release it with TMNT II. Or that's too late?

Let me guess, they are adding a new scene to address the latest social trend. No doubt involving recycling or seat belts. Or perhaps excess intake of sodium.

Someone asve us from the nannies.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SWXII said:

Let me guess, they are adding a new scene to address the latest social trend. No doubt involving recycling or seat belts. Or perhaps excess intake of sodium.

Someone asve us from the nannies.

You're challenging BKB with this PC bullshit.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

The scheduling of films has changed a lot, with tentpoles like THG and BVS now opening in March and FF in April. It's really more difficult to generate hype when months before a certain movie's release there are, I suppose, bigger films. I mean Paramount won't market this much in March, April, not even May. So June with TMNT II? That's kinda late.

Too late maybe BvS or Civil War, the last one had a mix reception. 

Edited by Darth Dexter of Hoth

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

now that i know the bryan fuller show is coming i'm kinda over this.

I mean I was already on-board for the Fuller show, but then they announced Nicholas Meyer was going to be involved to a degree and my anticipation jumped to 11.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Darth Dexter of Hoth said:

Too late maybe BvS or Civil War, the last one had a mix reception. 

Fox might also release a new trailer for X-MEN: APOCALYPSE. TREK might have a hard time to generate buzz which is a shame considering that this year is its 50th anniversary.

3 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

I mean I was already on-board for the Fuller show, but then they announced Nicholas Meyer was going to be involved to a degree and my anticipation jumped to 11.

Even Roddenberry's son is involved (which might not necessarily mean much since he is basically a newcomer to the industry). It's like they are ticking off boxes "what fans will like". But yeah, i'm VERY curious about that show now...

p.s.

Please get Ron Moore!!!

6 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Even Roddenberry's son is involved (which might not necessarily mean much since he is basically a newcomer to the industry). It's like they are ticking off boxes "what fans will like". But yeah, i'm VERY curious about that show now...

p.s.

Please get Ron Moore!!!

1) He's busy with Outlander.

2) No.

• Like 1