jpeace4

What Marvel Icons Would You Like to See Added to the MCU?

Actually, since Chris Claremont made X-Men cool, "convoluted" and "X-Men" go hand in hand so that's pretty appropriate.

And, for the record, I hate the Mojoverse-X-Babies crap. I really wish they had done the Longshot regular series in 1988 so he could have shown he was more than just a "super hot" airhead. If no one has read the Longshot mini series, I highly suggest you do. His simple outlook on things was way exaggerated by Claremont into full blown naivety. He sort of brought him back a bit at the end of his run on X-Men, but for the most of it, he was merely used as comic relief, worse than he ever did with Nightcrawler.

Claremont tends to overdo some aspects of characters and plots.. which is an understatement. Sometimes it works. Other times it gets old pretty damn fast. I did enjoy the Longshot/Dazzler coupling though. Hated the recent X-Factor reveal that he is a clone AND father of Shatterstar. Are you reading the new Longshot mini, AA? How is it?

Claremont tends to overdo some aspects of characters and plots.. which is an understatement. Sometimes it works. Other times it gets old pretty damn fast. I did enjoy the Longshot/Dazzler coupling though. Hated the recent X-Factor reveal that he is a clone AND father of Shatterstar. Are you reading the new Longshot mini, AA? How is it?

I stopped reading new comics about 10 years ago. And I never liked that a Rob Liefeld creation(Shatterstar) was connected to him. It was pretty obvious Liefeld liked Longshot(Cable even stole his lighted eye), but I highly doubt he truly understood Ann Nocenti's story and simply thought he looked cool. Liefeld was the Michael Bay of comic book creators.

'SPLOSIONS! B)

I stopped reading new comics about 10 years ago. And I never liked that a Rob Liefeld creation(Shatterstar) was connected to him. It was pretty obvious Liefeld liked Longshot(Cable even stole his lighted eye), but I highly doubt he truly understood Ann Nocenti's story and simply thought he looked cool. Liefeld was the Michael Bay of comic book creators.

'SPLOSIONS! B)

It's okay though. Liefeld threw a hissyfit when Peter David made Shatterstar gay. And then Joe Quesada probably had the only awesome moment in his life when he said that if Liefeld had any problems with what Marvel decided to do with their characters, he could "take it up with the next editor-in-chief". Peter David pretty much made Shatterstar his own character after that and now he barely resembles his Liefeld days.

However, what I did find incredibly dumb was making Longshot his clone AND father. Like make him either one, not both. Ugh.