CaptainJackSparrow

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Record opening in Philippines and India, stabilizing elsewhere

It's at $503 million overseas now. It looks like it added $6 million for the week which isn't too bad because the week before it only added $8 million.

Worldwide it's at  $699.3 million.

It only needs $11 million more to pass Captain America, it'll be close. $4-5 million in US and $6-7 million overseas would do it.

It's at $503 million overseas now. It looks like it added $6 million for the week which isn't too bad because the week before it only added $8 million.

It only needs $11 million more to pass Captain America, it'll be close. $4-5 million in US and $6-7 million overseas would do it.

Blah. Do not want! DOFP should be #1 WW, and Cap 2 in second, not TASM2!  :angry:

• Like 1

ASM2 made $2.3 O/S on the weekend - looks like the weekday totals were probably buoyed by it's last week in China and it's holiday on Monday.  Japan looks to be the market where it's making the most now and it tends to have soft drops but another $6-7m looks like a stretch.  But it might make $6-7m in the U.S.

CA2 should make another $3-5m domestic.  ASM2 might need another $14-16 to pass it ww. 

Disney also hasn't updated CA2 Foreign in 2 weeks though it's still playing in some territories though not making much.  Meanwhile BOM just added $5m to ASm1 O/S total - almost 2 years after the fact.  :blink:

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

Updated overseas total: $501.9M. The film has virtually no chances of out-grossing the worldwide total of Captain America 2 now, although it will cross $700M at least. The prior milestone is being pursued by X-Men: DOFP and although the likelihood of success is high, steep drops in the following weekends (due to the World Cup and Trans4mers) can decrease its chances.

• Like 1

Doesn't look like Sony is updating O/S weekly anymore.  Looking at Rentrak it's total had to be under $1.2m since Overhead was listed at $2.2m ww

Domestic: $198,386,221Foreign:    $501,928,000  Worldwide:  $700,314,221    Looking at $705m ww (even with late ww numbers like ASM2 which came in 2 years later with an extra $5m - $710m would probably be the highest)

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

Wow. I thought it would pass Cap 2 worldwide but I felt it would fall short of ASM's WW total. Geez Spidey fell off. The fact that it won't out gross Cap 2 worldwide is surprising.

Edited by ECSTASY

They updated the overseas figure it now stands at $701.7 million so it really has no chance at touching Captain America now.

When will it enter dollar theatres? I'd like the movie to at least hit $200 million domestic. I never though I'd ever say that.

• Like 1

They updated the overseas figure it now stands at $701.7 million so it really has no chance at touching Captain America now.

When will it enter dollar theatres? I'd like the movie to at least hit $200 million domestic. I never though I'd ever say that.

Probably not for another 6 or so weeks and it should pass $200m before that.  ASM2 should do around $203m

Wow. I thought it would pass Cap 2 worldwide but I felt it would fall short of ASM's WW total. Geez Spidey fell off. The fact that it won't out gross Cap 2 worldwide is surprising.

Especially considering TASM more than doubled CA's gross.Two major factors were at play here:1. WOM effect2. Dat Avengers effect. :P