CaptainJackSparrow

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Record opening in Philippines and India, stabilizing elsewhere

I don't see why some think this will hit a billion.  For it to do that it will have to expand in many markets.  I don't believe there is enough good will from the first to have that happen.

• Like 2

I don't see why some think this will hit a billion.  For it to do that it will have to expand in many markets.  I don't believe there is enough good will from the first to have that happen.

I agree. It will need a minimum of 350 mill DOM to make 1BThats not going to happen..But 800-850 mill would not surprise me
  • Like 2

I agree, I don't see 1B happening at all.

Edited by Tower
  • Like 1

Here's how they've done in Australia:1 30.8m2 24.4m3 24m4 17.4m15.4m will be nice.

The fourth made 17.4 mill?  Really?  Now that's the kind of gross I thought the fourth would have made in North America.  That would translate into about 175 mill.  Damn Australia, you have your priorities straight!

The fourth made 17.4 mill?  Really?  Now that's the kind of gross I thought the fourth would have made in North America.  That would translate into about 175 mill.  Damn Australia, you have your priorities straight!

I like Garfield as an actor but the Spider-Man he plays is a bit arrogant, not as sweet as the way Maguire plays it. Cap is wholesome & pure, Superman is a boy scout but Spidey is the sweet one. Hence the popularity. Garfield's Spidey appeals to older teens who prefer their heroes bad-ass, methinks.