CaptainJackSparrow

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Record opening in Philippines and India, stabilizing elsewhere

B level blockbuster I meant ... of course. 400m+ OS is nothing special in todays box office world, may not enter yearly top 10. (Considering 2014 is rather weak, so CA2 should get in top 10 of course).

Spiderman movies were top notch at the box office, breaking NA/OS/WW OW records in 2007, beating the shit out of Transformers. And now the latest SM movie is being compared with a B level superhero. It is already low.

In fact, I hardly consider any movie with less than 600m OS an A/global level blockbuster in todays film world.

Edited by firedeep
  • Like 1

So any ideas how it's doing in its opening days in other countries?

Over here it is opening around CA2, Man of Steel and Wolverine, which means it is doing shit numbers. I give up on the superhero genre over here. Thor 2 got away of this shitty 36-39000 tickets sold on the first 4 days, but it was just damn luck. And still it decreased a lot from the first.

Over here it is opening around CA2, Man of Steel and Wolverine, which means it is doing shit numbers. I give up on the superhero genre over here. Thor 2 got away of this shitty 36-39000 tickets sold on the first 4 days, but it was just damn luck. And still it decreased a lot from the first.

Lol. Well maybe holidays can carry it to a higher number than those movies

Lol. Well maybe holidays can carry it to a higher number than those movies

Nope. The movie was caught in the monster called Noah. It is destroying it. At this point, I will be happy with a number like Wolverine (the biggest of those 3). I don't think it will touch Thor 2's 56000 tickets sold.

There but one hope, Age of the Ultrone..... Hope it can change the course of the future superhero movies....

Nope. The movie was caught in the monster called Noah. It is destroying it. At this point, I will be happy with a number like Wolverine (the biggest of those 3). I don't think it will touch Thor 2's 56000 tickets sold.

Why is Portugal not listed on BOM International?

In four markets — the U.K., Germany, Australia and Belgium — the movie already has logged the biggest opening days of the year. In the U.K., Spidey swung in with $2.73M which is not surprising since it’s a top school holiday and kids are flooding into the market now. Last time around in 2012, The Amazing Spider-Man made $40.3M in the U.K. all in so this is one of the most important markets for the studio. Down under, the film grabbed $1.44M (Australia), in Germany $1.1M and in Belgium $190K for its opening day. Other markets that Spidey opened in are Austria, Denmark, Israel, New Zealand, Portugal, Switzerland, Uraguay, Bulgaria, and Sweden.

The tentpole, starring Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, bows in the U.S. on May 2nd and will open in China two days later. Sony has made sure that the entire ASM2 team has been on full court promotional tours in the press around the world, including China, which was the No. 1 market for the first Amazing Spider-Man with $48.4M there in 2012.

ASM2’s production budget is said to be around $255M with about $180M to 190M spent on marketing. With that said, the success of its global web of grosses from international territories are crucial. With so much riding on this one picture – the outlay investment is so high – Spider-Man is the kind of picture that needs to do higher than the first which made $752.2M worldwide with about 65% of its gross coming from international markets. At the $750M mark, Sony stands to make about 20% return on the movie so they will not lose money but not considered a big success. What would be considered successful is a worldwide gross in the $850M to the $900M range. And above that number is where they would ideally like to be all in … and who wouldn’t, right? So between the domestic and international markets, those are the numbers they gotta pull off.

‘Amazing Spider-Man 2′ Swings Strong In International Debut As It Casts Global Web

• Like 1

Wishing so hard for the failure of sth or someone..I will never understand guys like you.You need a doctor,really!

You foolish fans support this crap over our Raimi and Tobey team.. . Iwill never understand guys like you Fullbuster.

And thats why your movie is going to burn!!!  SHow loyality to the true team behind SM success. Thank you.

I hope Godzilla kicks your films ass but good. :P

• Like 1