CaptainJackSparrow

Rank the Disney movies

Finally re-watched Hunchback... better then I remembered but I think the music was weak.

My picks with grades instead of order:

Frozen, BatB, Aladdin  - A+

Wreck-It Ralph, Tangled, Mermaid, L&S, - A

The Princess and the Frog, Return to Neverland, Meet the Robinsons, Alice - A-

Hercules, Notre Dame, Peter Pan, 101 Dogs, Emperor's New Groove - B+

Most of the classics... pinocchio, dumbo, bambi, all the princesses, LatT, jungle book... all range in the Bs

The ones I've seen but would rate C or lower: TLK, Black Cauldron, Sword & Stone, 

Hellfire is a pretty darkly powerful song but maybe as a whole the soundtrack isn't the best. I definitely approve of your top 3 btw although I think TLK and Hercules are also worthy of an A grade  :)

Edited by FrozenFanatic

Finally re-watched Hunchback... better then I remembered but I think the music was weak.

Are you kidding? 'The Bells of Notre Dame' is absolutely incredible and one of the best pieces Disney has produced, in my opinion, especially when you mix it with that opening sequence. Hellfire as well is an outstanding track and Out There, Topsy Turvy and The Court of Miracles are all solid songs in their own right. Sure, I thought God Help the Outcasts was pretty bland and, like everything else to do with the Gargoyles, A Guy Like You was god awful, but for Bells and Hellfire alone, Hunchback should be considered as having one of the better Disney Soundtracks.

Anyway, I suppose I might as well do my Top 10.

1. Fantasia

2. Beauty and the Beast

3. The Lion King

4. Mulan

5. Winnie the Pooh (both versions)

6. Dumbo

7. Aladdin

8. The Hunchback of Notre Dame

9. Rescuers Down Under

10. Frozen

• Like 1

Are you kidding? 'The Bells of Notre Dame' is absolutely incredible and one of the best pieces Disney has produced, in my opinion, especially when you mix it with that opening sequence. Hellfire as well is an outstanding track and Out There, Topsy Turvy and The Court of Miracles are all solid songs in their own right. Sure, I thought God Help the Outcasts was pretty bland and, like everything else to do with the Gargoyles, A Guy Like You was god awful, but for Bells and Hellfire alone, Hunchback should be considered as having one of the better Disney Soundtracks.

As I watched the movie I liked the music but a few days after I couldn't remember any of the songs.  

• Like 1

My list was purely movies from animated classics series, but Mary Poppins is definitely one of the greatest movies of all time. 

Yes sir Dan the man... I was so perplexed that more people didnt have that and 20,000 leagues under the sea as their top disney films. As both have animation, on far bigger scale with Mary Poppins especially.

Anyway, I suppose I might as well do my Top 10.

1. Fantasia

2. Beauty and the Beast

3. The Lion King

4. Mulan

5. Winnie the Pooh (both versions)

6. Dumbo

7. Aladdin

8. The Hunchback of Notre Dame

9. Rescuers Down Under

10. Frozen

Glad to see this.

Fantasia is absolutely awesome. My favorite.

With the exception of Frozen I've seen them all, yes even the package films from the 40's. 1. Aladdin2. Pinocchio3. The Lion King4. Beauty and the Beast5. Peter Pan6. Sleeping Beauty7. Fantasia8. The Little Mermaid9. 101 Dalmatians10. The Jungle Book

CONGRATS TO FROZEN... It hit the billion dollar mark and is going to blow away Despicable Me 2.. :)

WW and already has won domestically.

It already blew away DM2  :D. Now it's Pixar's turn to GO DOWN and lose the Box Office Crown!  ^_^

• Like 3

1. The Lion King

2. The Jungle book

3. Aladdin

4. Dumbo

5. Tarzan

6. Sleeping Beauty

7. The Little Mermaid

8. Lady and The Tramp

9. Bambi

10. Snow White

Hey JB aww no beauty and the beast my friend?? :'(

" YOUR LYING!!!!"   " ITS NOT AN EARTHQUAKE!!"  " IT WASNT  A TYPHOON!""BECAUSE WHATS REALLY HAPPENING IS YOUR HIDING SOMETHING  OUT THERE!!"" "" AND ITS GOING TO SEND US BACK TO THE STONE AGEEEEE!"".......... "GOD!!"" " GOD HELP US ALL!"

I don't think I could rank EVERY Disney movie (there are a few I still haven't seen), but I'll rank the Disney Renaissance:

1. The Hunchback of Notre Dame

2. Beauty and the Beast

3. The Lion King

4. Tarzan

5. Mulan

6. The Little Mermaid

7. Aladdin

8. Pocahontas

9. Hercules

1. Aladdin

2. The Lion King

3. Beauty and the Beast

4. Hercules

5. Mulan

6. Lilo and Stitch

7. Wreck-it Ralph

8. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

9. Cinderella

10. Tangled

They really are all amazing and I could switch numbers in this list at any time or replace some with others not already in it.

1. Aladdin

2. The Lion King

3. Beauty and the Beast

4. Hercules

5. Mulan

6. Lilo and Stitch

7. Wreck-it Ralph

8. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

9. Cinderella

10. Tangled

They really are all amazing and I could switch numbers in this list at any time or replace some with others not already in it.

No Frozen?  :(  Your top 5 is pretty much the same as mine besides that though.

No Frozen?  :(  Your top 5 is pretty much the same as mine besides that though.

I liked it, but not as much as you guys. It's probably in the nearer middle range of my list behind other classics from the Golden Age and the Renaissance like Dumbo and Tarzan but higher than most 70's/80's/2000's films.
  • Like 1

I liked it, but not as much as you guys. It's probably in the nearer middle range of my list behind other classics from the Golden Age and the Renaissance like Dumbo and Tarzan but higher than most 70's/80's/2000's films.

I think that's sorta how I felt after the first time I saw it but then I saw it again...and again... and again and it just kept getting better  :) That's probably not the case for most people though; I think it was the increased appreciation for the soundtrack for each viewing that did it for me. To the best of my recollection I had never seen a movie more than twice in theaters and here I was a 21 year old guy going to the cinema to see an animated Disney movie for the 4th time  :lol:

• Like 1

Have we seen any character animation from BH6 yet? Worried they'll be animated similar to Miyazaki/Anime types, which is an animation style I'm really not fond of... 

It will be computer-animated so I don't see how that can be similar to anime. Anyway here is one picture from the teaser trailer. It's not very clear but you can still see a face:

Posted Image