ChD

Live By Night | Christmas Day limited release, wide release on 01/13/17 | Ben Affleck/Warner Bros. New trailer on page 8

Just now, marveldcfox said:

Expensive.

But the cinematography looks great...so...

For a period gangster film, that's pretty good and it's on par with the budgets of Sully and American Sniper. I thought it would be closer to $100m budget wise.

• Like 1

Looks great for a 65 million budget.  Should make a decent return on investment for WB if it's as good as his past films.

I know the look and feel has reminded some of Public Enemies, but if Michael Mann made this movie it would cost well over 100 million and make no money for the studio. :P

Edited by AdamKendall

2 hours ago, AdamKendall said:

Looks great for a 65 million budget.  Should make a decent return on investment for WB if it's as good as his past films.

I know the look and feel has reminded some of Public Enemies, but if Michael Mann made this movie it would cost well over 100 million and make no money for the studio. :P

Public Enemies did ok-ish though, to be fair.

Movie is probably one of my least favorite Mann films. Miami Vice though is underrated 

Does anyone else feel like this year has an embarrassment of Oscar type riches in comparison to other years? It just seems like every time I turn around there is another film (or two or three) that is being lauded where as some years we seem to fight to just get 10 decent films to choose from lol.

Hope this lives up to the hype and proves to be another worthwhile film in the Affleck Director's cannon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, narniadis said:

Does anyone else feel like this year has an embarrassment of Oscar type riches in comparison to other years? It just seems like every time I turn around there is another film (or two or three) that is being lauded where as some years we seem to fight to just get 10 decent films to choose from lol.

Hope this lives up to the hype and proves to be another worthwhile film in the Affleck Director's cannon.

I don't think they will have any trouble getting 10 films for Best Picture after struggling for years.  

• Like 3