Neo

Point Break | December 25, 2015 | China Release on December 3rd, 3 weeks before the US.

Keanu is underappreciated. He was great in the original PB.

Same was Stewart was in SWAT. Sure, he did fine for what he was asked to do, but like in the Matrix, he fit the role because it didn't require too much, and it suited his abilities (example Kristen Stewart as the sad looking Snow White in SWATH as mentioned above).

This is the most unnecessary remake of all time. The first movie is a classic that hasn't aged a bit in nearly two decades.  BTW, they already ripped off Point Break for the F&F series so why do it again ?

• Like 1

Loved the original Point Break. I'll go see this one, though I strongly agree with the complaints about the 2 lead actors. Though at least this new Johnny Utah seems to be trying to channel Keanu a bit.

Actually the visuals look good, but calling them the same names Bodhi and Utah just reminds me of Swayze and Reeves which just makes me want to watch the originals instead. I dont think these lead actors have any of the same charisma as the originals.

I agree with the earlier comment that they needed a big name actor in one of the roles to make it work although I think the new bodhi is more watchable than utah from what i see in the trailer, mainly from the last scene with the gravity line.

Lay off the color filters ffs, amateur hour.

Edit: Also, did they try to get Chris Hemsworth as the lead but couldn't and settled for a discount version or something?

Edited by Caboose

Point Break is one of my 3 or 4 favorite films ever made.  I hate that the remade this especially when there are some good ideas in this trailer.  All that said I hope this does great because besides Hateful 8 its the only movie worth seeing in Dec right now.