grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

MoS comes out on Blu Ray on Tuesday!

I know what you'll be doing on Tuesday ... ;)

I wonder if it will eventually get TDKR treatment and air on HBO 2 or 3 times a day every day all year.

Shocking ... it's not on TV right now.

Where art though Rth for some confirmation.

Edited by Adam

I know they weren't ... that's my point.  MOS was the exception this year in that regard.

Iron Man 3 also previewed at 7 or 8 pm Thursday yet all the money was considered 'Friday' & 'weekend'.

I don't think it did. They had some 8 pm shows but most were 9pm.

Going into the summer the biggest movies were Star Trek, Man of Steel, Iron Man 3 , Gatsby, Despicable Me 2, WWZ, Monsters university, and Lone Ranger only a few of those movies had good multipliers and those other movies that you mentioned were not considered actual summer tent poles and the amount of money they made can't really be compared to the amount of money the tent poles make. We're the Millers was a success but Iron man 3 out grossed the movie domestically in its opening weekend

I think you're thinking about it the wrong way. Who cares whether the money comes from a Jennifer Anniston comedy or a "tentpole"? It's all money in the end and it all contributed to the biggest summer in years. Edited by lab276

"The Avengers Effect" is being countered (somewhat) by the "The Ironman 3 Effect".

People flocked to Ironman 3 because of their positive response to The Avengers and came away mostly shrugging their shoulders, thinking that maybe not every Marvel follow-up will be as high quality (debatable) as the team-up movie. The current (way too early) numbers for Thor 2 point to both "The Avengers Effect" and "The Ironman 3 Effect".

• Like 1

"The Avengers Effect" is being countered (somewhat) by the "The Ironman 3 Effect".

People flocked to Ironman 3 because of their positive response to The Avengers and came away mostly shrugging their shoulders, thinking that maybe not every Marvel follow-up will be as high quality (debatable) as the team-up movie. The current (way too early) numbers for Thor 2 point to both "The Avengers Effect" and "The Ironman 3 Effect".

Posted Image

Robert Downey Jr is still the most popular actor of the Marvel Universe and Iron Man the most popular character. People don't want to admit it for some reason

???

When has anyone ever even come close to arguing that?

I think it's mostly when people say "He's the only popular character" that they get the side eye

• Like 3

"The Avengers Effect" is being countered (somewhat) by the "The Ironman 3 Effect".People flocked to Ironman 3 because of their positive response to The Avengers and came away mostly shrugging their shoulders, thinking that maybe not every Marvel follow-up will be as high quality (debatable) as the team-up movie. The current (way too early) numbers for Thor 2 point to both "The Avengers Effect" and "The Ironman 3 Effect".

welcome to the forums! :)And I totally agree!

Thor has benefited big time in asia and russia. So at least OS will show some benefit from Avengers effect.

Chewy,

Sometime back I remember folks telling "thorki" factor is as good as RDJ as Loki benefited most from Avengers. May be its true for some OS markets but not true for domestic.

Posted Image

• Like 3