Punishment

Weekend Actuals 11/8-11/10 Thor 85.7m

This is commentary on 3-D, not Thor.

It means audiences, with few exceptions, are tired of paying the upcharge and getting little if anything out of the "added" experience.

Plus, as already said, that means more people did indeed see TDW and it's not all an inflation from 3-D prices. 

If anything, this just shows how many more people went to see Thor 2 than the original on OW.

With Frozen still to come.

Yeah, Disney really all things considered has had a great year BO wise - one blunder (TLR) and some decent hits make for a great bottom line in the end - particularly when you add in the final grosses for Ralph / Lincoln / Monsters3D from 2012..... They are looking to end the year strong with Delivery Man / Frozen & Banks

"62% male for Thor 2"

I have a hard time believing that-as Thor seems to be the most gender neural of the superheroes films. Then again, there are only 5 theaters that they do.

There was this girl that came up to me when I was waiting to clean the theater and coaxed me to admit that Loki was hot...Of course I said yes, but I have a hard time believing that that number is accurate. All the girls are swooning over Loki and Thor.

"62% male for Thor 2"I have a hard time believing that-as Thor seems to be the most gender neural of the superheroes films. Then again, there are only 5 theaters that they do.

Wait, really? Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

Well I remember how last year when I asked on FB who people's favorite Avenger was Thor got quite a few votes from girls. (Cap, IM and Hulk were all quite popular as well, I think Cap and IM got the most on it-nobody chose Hawkeye though, awwww)

Yep, thats why CS is a joke. It's polled from only 5 theaters.

Yeah, I heard about the CinemaScore debacle and knew that it polled from only 5 theaters. But I didn't know that gender-breakdown comes from them also.

Yeah, I heard about the CinemaScore debacle and knew that it polled from only 5 theaters. But I didn't know that gender-breakdown comes from them also.

To give CS more credibility they should poll 100 theaters but keeping 5, is a joke. 

To give CS more credibility they should poll 100 theaters but keeping 5, is a joke. c

Considering also how when cinescore started was back when theaters just have 1 or 2 screens as well.....