Neo

Pan | Oct. 9, 2015 | New Trailer on Page 25!

Everything until they reach Tomorrowland is good. After that it derails completely. 

That was supposed to be Britt Robertson's breakout role. Norma Reedus apparently passed on a role in the movie

http://www.businessinsider.com/norman-reedus-lost-his-role-in-tomorrowland-because-he-wouldnt-cut-his-hair-2015-10

Reedus found out that he would be passed over for a role in "Tomorrowland" playing George Clooney's father if he didn't cut his hair.

He said: “I was like, ‘Don’t they know I’m on a TV show?’

Reedus suggested that they he could use a bald cap and a hairpiece for the role. He couldn't cut his hair, because he had to stay consistent to Daryl.

“It went down to the last minute, and everyone knew I couldn’t cut my hair," Reedus, 46, recounted. "Then, I think the director, Brad Bird, threw a fit and was like, ‘If he’s not dedicated to this role and he can’t cut his hair, then it’s not going to work.’ I’m on a f-----’ TV show! I can’t just shave my head!”

In the end, he may have been better off.

That was supposed to be Britt Robertson's breakout role. Norma Reedus apparently passed on a role in the movie

http://www.businessinsider.com/norman-reedus-lost-his-role-in-tomorrowland-because-he-wouldnt-cut-his-hair-2015-10

I like Britt Robertson so I hope she gets another role in a big movie that doesn't bomb or is shit.

Norman Reedus probably laughed when the thing was destroyed by critics and bombed at the box office.

• Like 2

I like Britt Robertson so I hope she gets another role in a big movie that doesn't bomb or is shit.

Me too. A year or two ago I was ill for a couple of days so I watched her in a old show she was in called Life Unexpected. I thought she was gonna be the next big thing.

I thought Brit Robertson was 16yo, 18 tops when I saw Tomorrow Land.

:mellow:

The girls 25 years old. She's literally been playing 16 for 9 years. If you see her play a teenager from something a couple years ago and then go see her play a teen in something recent, it becomes really jarring. Tommorowland was the movie where her age became more obvious for me.

• Like 1

I like Joe Wright but it seem WB had too much faith giving him a huge budget when the previous biggest budget he has had as a director was $60m for The Soloist. 

And who says the failure of the movie is Wright's fault?

notsure-1.jpg

The last Peter Pan live-action movie was a massive bomb too, in fact the two movies may end up making very similar amounts of money. I don't think spending $150M on a Peter Pan movie was a smart idea regardless of how the actual film turned out to be (which in this case is pretty good anyway)

Last time I checked, when a movie is a huge hit we don't say it's only because of the director. So why should we do the same for a huge bomb.

Audiences are not interested in Peter Pan.

The last Peter Pan live-action movie was a massive bomb too, in fact the two movies may end up making very similar amounts of money. I don't think spending $150M on a Peter Pan movie was a smart idea regardless of how the actual film turned out to be (which in this case is pretty good anyway)

Last time I checked, when a movie is a huge hit we don't say it's only because of the director. So why should we do the same for a huge bomb.

Audiences are not interested in Peter Pan.

Michael Jackson really did murder the Peter Pan brand.

Saw it tonight with 4 other friends and we agreed that it wasn't awful. They actually somewhat enjoyed it, giving it between a 6 and 7 out of 10. I was a bit lower and went with maybe a 5. Out of 2015's mega bombs, it's not the best or worst.

Tomorrowland

Pan

Jupiter Ascending

Fant4stic

• Like 1