ecstasy

Wednesday Numbers 11/13/2013-Thor 2 Mighty Drop $3,565,731

Talking about Terence, he now blames RDJ for getting forced out of IM2.

http://www.hitfix.com/awards-campaign/terrence-howard-now-blames-iron-man-2-cut-on-robert-downey-jr

If he was told he was going to make 8 million for the sequel and they wanted to drop it to 1 million, that's reason enough to be pissed.  I think Howard gets a bit of a raw deal in the public's eye here.  

• Like 2

If he was told he was going to make 8 million for the sequel and they wanted to drop it to 1 million, that's reason enough to be pissed.  I think Howard gets a bit of a raw deal in the public's eye here.  

I agree. But I'm confused on how that can happen. If he had a set salary how could they ask him to take less and then fire him if he doesn't agree?  Did the studio have an option to terminate his contract?  That's the part I'm not clear on.

Yes of course it's wrong for them to ask him to take a paycut even if he was making more than the star. If that's what they agreed to pay him that's what they should have paid him. I'm just not clear on the details on the actual contract.

He didn't read the part in his contract that mentioned they could get rid of him if he didn't accept that deal though so Marvel executives were also in their right.

Edited by dashrendar44

He didn't read the part in his contract that mentioned they could get rid of him if he didn't accept that deal though so Marvel executives were also in their right.

Sure, on a legal level they may have been right, but if, on good faith they told him that they were going to increase his salary, and then renegged, I'd be pissed, very pissed.  

• Like 2

I think the biggest issue is that they hired Terrence Howard first so he ended up getting paid the most. They should have hired RDJ first to play the lead. It was a moronic mistake by a relatively new Marvel Studios. :rolleyes:

they would still not pay rdj more tho because of his past. he was a risk at that point

I think the biggest issue is that they hired Terrence Howard first so he ended up getting paid the most. They should have hired RDJ first to play the lead. It was a moronic mistake by a relatively new Marvel Studios. :rolleyes:

This. Marvel shouldn't have pay him so much more than RDJ in the first place to realize Howard wasn't worth all that starpower money since he was not the starpower that drove the movie.

And I'd like to know how much Jeff Bridges paycheck was if someone can find that piece of information for comparison, thanks.

Edited by dashrendar44

Speaking of which James Toback has set slip some mildly scandalous things about RDJ in an interview today.

yeah he is being given rdj related interviews lately. he said he should have died in 90s so he could be remembered as a tragic story and that he shouldn't have sorted himself out

Tell me more.

Toback is being interviewed about his new movie and some of his older movies come up.

“Two Girls And A Guy” [Toback’s 1997 film starring starring Robert Downey Jr., Heather Graham and Natasha Gregson Wagner] grew out of very specific circumstances. I wanted to make a movie. I hadn't made a movie in a while and was getting restless. Downey [was just] getting out of prison and knowing most of those guys—it's true of Mike Tyson too—when they're getting out of prison is the best time to get them.

In the case of someone like Downey, who was filled with these sort of precious cute fake mannerisms, they're purged of them. You know now Downey can't have an authentic moment if you fucking sit there for three weeks. He's not capable of it. He goes on Jimmy Kimmel, everything’s fucking air, it's all, “Yes maybe that could be. I was with the Mrs. the other day...” I mean everything is just completely phony bullshit from beginning to end. But right after 11 months of prison with about 200 dicks sucked in return for a lot of crack, you know there's a totally different reality...

Edited by Telemachos

Wow, James Toback sounds like a BITCH. :angry:

He seems to sound like a complete dick full of resentment.

"I made RDJ when he was a junkie reject on drugs, he (I made him look like he) was a genius on drugs, now that he got a wife and family, he stopped drugs and became a billionaire playing a cartoon! Fuckin' sellout that wants to live long and prosper with a quiet peaceful family life until he dies not like me junkie genius artist!!"

That's how Toback came across recently.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1