Olive

Rank the Animated Movies of Each Year(2014)

The Croods -----------7.5/10

Epic ---------------------6.0/10

Monsters University 8.5/10

Despicable Me II -----6.0/10

Planes -----------------3.5/10

Turbo ------------------7.0/10

Edited by Olive

Cloudy 2- A-

Monsters Uni- B+

The Croods- B-

Despicable Me- C+

Epic- E

Not been a great animation year so far. Hopefully Wind Rises and Frozen can stop that.  

1. Frozen--------------------------A+

2. The Croods--------------------A-

2. Monsters University----------B

4. Turbo---------------------------B-

5. Despicable Me 2--------------B-

6. Epic----------------------------- C-

7. Cloudy 2------------------------D

Edited by lolifofo

Well being an animation lover, I have seen nearly every animation of 2013 so here are my top ones [using UK 2013 release dates for animated films released so that's why films such as WiR have been included]

1. Frozen- A+

2. Despicable Me 2- A+

3. Monsters University A+

4. Wreck-It-Ralph A+

5. Adventures Of Zambezia A

6. Walking With Dinosaurs A

7. Turbo A

8. Planes A

9. Epic A-

10. Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2 A-

11. Alpha And Omega 2 B+

12. Sammy's Great Escape B-

13. The Croods D

14. Free Birds D-

Need to See: Sammy's Adventures and Adventures of Zambezia [i have both of them on DvD] and escape from planet earth [which was not released here though I might try and catch it online]

Edited by Films

Covering the ones I've seen.

1. Frozen - My top movie of the year.

2. The Croods - While it's not as good as HTTYD or Lilo & Stitch, Sanders is still a great director

3. Monsters University - Nothing special from Pixar, but still enjoyable.

4. Despicable Me 2 - Illumination is pretty middle-of-the-road quality, but the Minions are great humor

5. Epic - Despite moments that shine, Chris Wedge continues to prove himself as a pretty pedestrian director

6. Escape from Planet Earth - Pretty terrible. I believe I caught it on Netflix, and little about it is memorable

Well being an animation lover, I have seen nearly every English-language animation of 2013 so here are my top ones [using UK 2013 release dates for animated films released so that's why films such as WiR have been included]

Fixed.

Gintama- The Final Chapter: Be Forever Yorozuya- A++

Frozen- A-

JLA: Flashpoint Paradox- A-

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2- A-

Berserk: The Golden Age Arc III: Descent- B+

Monsters University- B+

Case Closed: Private Eye in the Distant Sea- B

The Dark Knight Returns Part 2- B

The Croods- B-

Despicable Me 2- C+

Pokemon Movie 16: Genesect and the Legend Awakened- C

Epic- E

Considering going to see Walking with Dinosaurs this weekend (with a set of earplugs), but aside from that I don't expect to see any more of the major Western animated releases. Only other films I'm wanting to see are the two new Ghiblis and to finish the new Puella Magi Madoka Magica movie (found a decent copy online but it randomly switched to Spanish subtitles halfway through). Although I've heard the Ano Hana movie isn't just a straight retelling of the series so that might be worth a watch too.

Fixed. Gintama- The Final Chapter: Be Forever Yorozuya- A++Frozen- A-JLA: Flashpoint Paradox- A-Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2- A-Berserk: The Golden Age Arc III: Descent- B+Monsters University- B+Case Closed: Private Eye in the Distant Sea- BThe Dark Knight Returns Part 2- BThe Croods- B-Despicable Me 2- C+Pokemon Movie 16: Genesect and the Legend Awakened- CEpic- E Considering going to see Walking with Dinosaurs this weekend (with a set of earplugs), but aside from that I don't expect to see any more of the major Western animated releases. Only other films I'm wanting to see are the two new Ghiblis and to finish the new Puella Magi Madoka Magica movie (found a decent copy online but it randomly switched to Spanish subtitles halfway through). Although I've heard the Ano Hana movie isn't just a straight retelling of the series so that might be worth a watch too.

I meant cinema releases. Most those non English films im pretty sure didn't get released in the cinema (or around here anyway)

I meant cinema releases. Most those non English films im pretty sure didn't get released in the cinema (or around here anyway)

They all got Japanese cinema releases, so they count enough.