Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

For years now, Michael Bay has threatened/teased that each new Transformers sequel he directs could be his last. But here we are with Transformers: The Last Knight arriving this summer, his fifth film in the toy franchise. However, this time rather than offhandedly mentioning that this might be his last round with the robots in disguise, Michael Bay took the time to write a letter to fans on his official website. So it sounds like Michael Bay leaving Transformers may truly become a reality.

I’ve been living in this franchise for over 10 years now. For Transformers: The Last Knight, we put together a writers’ room designed to greatly expand our mythology, integrating our films in a whole new way. Every movie will interlink.

It was a huge task to expand mythology from the beginning of the world throughout history. We had a great team of writers: Akiva Goldsman (A Beautiful Mind); Art Marcum & Matt Holloway (Iron Man); Ken Nolan (Black Hawk Down); Zak Penn (Ready Player One); Lindsey Beer (Barbie); Geneva Robertson-Dworet (Tomb Raider); Christina Hodson (Bumblebee); Steven DeKnight (Daredevil, Smallville); Jeff Pinkner (The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Lost); and Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari (Ant-Man).

It’s bittersweet for me. With every Transformers film, I’ve said it would be my last. I see the 120 million fans around the world who see these movies, the huge theme park lines to the ride and the amazing Make-A-Wish kids that visit my sets, and it somehow keeps drawing me back. I love doing these movies. This film was especially fun to shoot. But, this time might really be it. So I’m blowing this one out

http://www.slashfilm.com/michael-bay-leaving-transformers/

• Like 1

Well it's a very typical marketing pill. Together with the "LAST" in the title, they're trying to create some of finale factor sense. But it won't work because this TF franhise never had story continuity and they've played this "Michael Bay's last TF movie" stunt a couple of times before. And of cause GA already got tired of it. It's going to be just like another X-Men:Apocalypse.

Pirates5 will face the same problem.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, vc2002 said:

Well it's a very typical marketing pill. Together with the "LAST" in the title, they're trying to create some of finale factor sense. But it won't work because this TF franhise never had story continuity and they've played this "Michael Bay's last TF movie" stunt a couple of times before. And of cause GA already got tired of it. It's going to be just like another X-Men:Apocalypse.

Pirates5 will face the same problem.

This makes no sense when they already scheduled a Bumblebee movie.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

This makes no sense when they already scheduled a Bumblebee movie.

"The last Michael Bay TF movie".  Yeah it's a pretty fucking long "finale" title, but that's what they came up with. Pretty cheap marketing stunt obviously.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Macleod said:

Dammit, Bay!

...And is Unicron voiced as a female?  As "mother of the species"...?

Seriously, these movies always seem to cost $500 million, I can't believe that they are made with the same Avengers budget. And is it just me, or can this little girl really act? It seems that, for the first time, Bay chose an actress instead of a model.

• Like 2

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Seriously, these movies always seem to cost $500 million, I can't believe that they are made with the same Avengers budget. And is it just me, or can this little girl really act? It seems that, for the first time, Bay chose an actress instead of a model.

I thought so too

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Agreed 100%.

This cannot be stated enough, the amount of action, VFX, set pieces there is in a Transformers_Bay movie is always batshit insane.

You get enough action in a Bay movie to provide for 3 Blockbusters.

The scale is always huge.

Also surpised by the female acting here, seems to be on point for once.

• Like 1