Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

Every critic -- every viewer -- is biased. That's kind of the whole point. The question is whether their biases align with yours or not. :) 

Yes but if you go into a movie wanting to hate it or you go into a review wanting to make the wittiest "worst ever" headline that's over the top and not something I want to read and honestly don't read. Every movie should be given a chance despite your previous feelings on the franchise or director. 

1 minute ago, Johnny Tran said:

Yes but if you go into a movie wanting to hate it or you go into a review wanting to make the wittiest "worst ever" headline that's over the top and not something I want to read and honestly don't read. Every movie should be given a chance despite your previous feelings on the franchise or director. 

Depending on the publication, the headline might well be generated by the editor and not the critic (certainly the case with more traditional media). There's not gonna be any way to sequester critics from any sort of pre-existing opinion about directors, actors, genre, etc and it's inevitable that previous entries in a franchise will influence you (this is true of everyone). So if you rely on critics, it's up to you to have some sense of their taste.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Gi Joe is totaly dead at Paramount ?

Not sure. I read some old articles saying there were plans to get Transformers vs GI Joe or whatever...

Nothing else happened. So, I guess GI Joe will probably rest in peace until they find a way to come back with that franchise.

16 minutes ago, Spaghetti of 1000 Planets said:

Because every movie that has gotten critical acclaim this year is boring dreck. LEGO Batman. John Wick. Split. Get Out. Guardians 2. Alien: Covenant. Wonder Woman. Despicable Me 3. They're all dreck.

Youre joking right?

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Depending on the publication, the headline might well be generated by the editor and not the critic (certainly the case with more traditional media). There's not gonna be any way to sequester critics from any sort of pre-existing opinion about directors, actors, genre, etc and it's inevitable that previous entries in a franchise will influence you (this is true of everyone). So if you rely on critics, it's up to you to have some sense of their taste.

I hear you on that, pre-existing opinions but just as an example we discussed the franchise in the weekend thread.  Pretty much everyone here agreed that they liked the first, hated the second, liked the 3rd and hated the 4th. There were some differing opinions of course but it showed that everyone was judging each individual film on its own merits.  In my opinion, that's how it should be.

• Like 1

Forgot Deadpool had such a sophisticated & mature & subtle sense of humor.

" META HUMOR BITCH !"

So so clever and funny I forgot to laugh after the opening credits rolled.

Overpaid in deed.

Edited by The Futurist

15 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I agree with you, somehow...However, do people watch Transformers for human characters or robots?

You don't go to watch these movies for character development, You go for the action, explosions and destruction. We don't want Humanformers, we want Transformers and destruction.

Public is hard to predict, sometimes. 

True. You have some good points here.

And yeah, the human characters probably may not need as much/more screentime as the Transformers themselves....but at least they need to be well-handled. Maybe 1 or 2 main human characters and that's all they need.

Just don't put too extremely high expectations for this TF-movie to be great. People might be pretty disappointed if it ends up being worse than the last one or on a similar boat.

The reception for the TF-sequels can be either predictable or unpredictable.

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Forgot Deadpool had such a sophisticated & mature & subtle sense of humor.

" META HUMOR BITCH !"

So so clever and funny I forgot to laugh after the opening credits rolled.

Overpaid in deed.

just like what you like man. i don't think i've ever seen you give an opinion without shitting on the people who disagree with it. worrying about it so much is gonna get you nowhere.

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The Transformers franchise is a tool for critics to personally attack Michael and everything he stands for.

It s petty bullying, nothing more, nothing less.

Funny how you never say that when the target of critics is visionary director and all-around genius Zach Snyder. :P In fact, you typically join the pan choir.  

tumblr_o52nj0Z6XB1rlafseo3_r1_400.gif

Edited by Cochofles