Punishment

THG Catching Fire $25.25m Thursday Previews

Don't worry people. I see the evening sell outs are picking up a lot on the east coast.  Now we need west coast to follow suit later. Then it's game back on. I don't think is going below the first movie.

this whole "making less than the last one" thing is happening a lot more now. 

It happens a lot in general

People just tend to point out the exceptions as though they're the rule

Seeing how Catching Fire is doing is just adding more justification to us saying how Desolation of Smaug is gonna drop from An Unexpected Journey.

But there's a dragon and he's gonna catch fire...

(Studios executives note right now: stop using "fire" in movie titles)

Edited by dashrendar44

Seeing how Catching Fire is doing is just adding more justification to us saying how Desolation of Smaug is gonna drop from An Unexpected Journey.

Actually, I think the Hobbit 2 will benefit from Thor 2 and Catching Fire "underperforming". That means more people have money leftover to see it.

HUGE PANIC over at Lionsgate. "Goddamn it! This movie is only going to make an absurd amount of money and not a redonkulous amount of money. What the fuck were we thinking?"

If it makes less than THG it will negatively effect Lionsgate's share prices that have been rather inflated recently because of high expectations. They will still make a lot of money from the movie but stock de-evaluation because your latest product underwhelmed the market is no joke.