Punishment

THG Catching Fire $25.25m Thursday Previews

Don't worry people. I see the evening sell outs are picking up a lot on the east coast.  Now we need west coast to follow suit later. Then it's game back on. I don't think is going below the first movie.

The bad thing is every big opener has a bunch of sellouts. This one needs to sell out pretty much every night show from New York to Los Angeles and everywhere in between if it is going to somehow reach the kind of numbers people are hoping for today (ie $75m opening day). It basically has to double DH1's Friday night gross to reach $50m in day business today. That is a tall order.

HUGE PANIC over at Lionsgate. "Goddamn it! This movie is only going to make an absurd amount of money and not a redonkulous amount of money. What the fuck were we thinking?"

Post of this thread. THIS. Come on people. I admit, I over predicted big time. But why the he'll would lionsgate panic? They're still going to make a crap ton of money. Oh, boo hoo it doesn't make an extra 80M. You guys sound like your losing the money. And Noctis, sure I care, but im easily over it since I got an amazing film. Lionsgate isn't worryig either. They are still gonna make a crap ton of money.
  • Like 1

so can anyone check out theaters near them? Are things looking to pick up?

Well if you go on Fandango you can check any theater anywhere.

Just checked Atlanta, GA

Regal Atlantic Station 1 Imax and 6 regular shows 6:30-9pm soldout.

Post of this thread. THIS. Come on people. I admit, I over predicted big time. But why the he'll would lionsgate panic? They're still going to make a crap ton of money. Oh, boo hoo it doesn't make an extra 80M. You guys sound like your losing the money. And Noctis, sure I care, but im easily over it since I got an amazing film. Lionsgate isn't worryig either. They are still gonna make a crap ton of money.

You were the one who hyped me up for this to do huge numbers, now I am losing a huge bet with ShawnMR.! :P

Well if you go on Fandango you can check any theater anywhere.

Just checked Atlanta, GA

Regal Atlantic Station 1 Imax and 6 regular shows 6:30-9pm soldout.

I checked nothing is crossed out on any showing. However in some theaters it is not allowing you to click on the showing. What does that mean? I first thought it meant sold out but I thought that was a crossing out

The bad thing is every big opener has a bunch of sellouts. This one needs to sell out pretty much every night show from New York to Los Angeles and everywhere in between if it is going to somehow reach the kind of numbers people are hoping for today (ie $75m opening day). It basically has to double DH1's Friday night gross to reach $50m in day business today. That is a tall order.

True, thats why im not about getting on Fandango right now and searching. I looked at a couple SE and there are multiple shows sold out, the most since Despicable Me 2, but again there are some theaters with none. My girlfriend is going tonight I'll ask her to gauge the business.

Could Thanksgiving next week be part of the reason why Catching Fire might not have an astronomical first weekend 

$135-$145 million OW with a 40-45% drop next weekend would be a solid start 

I don't see how that happens unless you are talking 4 day compared to 3.