Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

Let's bring up random movies and discuss their merits or lack thereof.

The Strangers is one of the worst movies I have ever seen.  Dumbest characters ever written.

Blue is the Warmest Colour is kinda awesome. You guys should seek it out and give it a watch.

• Like 2

Blue is the Warmest Colour is kinda awesome. You guys should seek it out and give it a watch.

Speaking of Blue movies:

Blue Valentine is a devastatingly honest movie and one of the best movies of 2010.

I always play Singstar.  :ph34r:

I swear when I'm on my own I can get Torn by Natalie Imbruglia note perfect.

Bye Bye Bye is my jam.

But man...I'd love to get Torn. 90s pop perfection. I've disconnected the PS3 however, too lazy to reconnect. Hopefully they bring Singstar to PS4!

Edited by MrPink

To borrow an acting term, the objective's just weren't clear. Was he crying because Zod was the last of his kind, or because he didn't like killing, or because of something else? It just didn't resonate with me. 

Superman's reaction to killing Zod was as wrong as everything else about the end of MOS. It would have been understandable for him to react that way to the destruction of Metropolis (or Smallville, for that matter). But he had no reason after Zod basically committed suicide by Superman. The tone-deaf scripting in that scene goes right along with that in the scene where Supes and Lois kissed among the ashes of dead Metropolitans, or he angrily tackled Zod through occupied buildings leaving his mother in the hands of Faora, who was threatening to rip the woman apart. "Oh, Superman was inexperienced so he made mistakes," is really an awful defense for what were essentially scriptwriter's errors. 

• Like 3

While some of the sex scenes are a bit much, and it's definitely possible to feel the three hour run time (it doesn't help that I saw it at 10pm on a Friday night), I definitely agree. One of the best looks at modern relationships in current film, with two of the year's best performances.

Speaking of great performances, All Is Lost. All of you need to see it. It's so amazing.

Edited by Frozen Spaghetti
  • Like 2