Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

That is the joke. Their stock took a hit because a movie opened with 160M. That is hilarious.

Well of course when investors were looking at almost 190m opening. It fell short of projections. Happens with every corporation when they fail to meet projections. Stocks take a hit.

• Like 1

Well of course when investors were looking at almost 190m opening. It fell short of projections. Happens with every corporation when they fail to meet projections. Stocks take a hit.

Maybe they learned a lesson for the next 2 years.

Whoever was in charge of Investor Relations at Lionsgate might be in some hot water. His or her job would be to lowball expectations for investors to keep this kind of stock drop from happening when the film makes a nice opening weekend. Only reason the stock dropped is because someone at the company allowed the expectations to get out of control.

• Like 1

I wonder if they will use that in their tv spots. #1 Movie of the year in admissions!

Thor used "#1 movie globally this weekend" in a TV spot last night despite Gravity and CF making more OS this weekend. So, yes, marketing departments will use anything they can get.

• Like 2

Just for 2014. No way tracking services will go low on AoU, B/S or SW7 :rofl:

I was talking about Lionsgate. 

The day after Batman/Superman fails to do 300M OW or whatever WB is expecting will be hilarious.

Edited by CJohn

I was talking about Lionsgate. 

The day after Batman/Superman fails to do 300M OW or whatever WB is expecting will be hilarious.

WB are masters at lowering expectations. They predicted a 75M OW for MoS. And refused to say anything more than "It will beat TDK OW" for TDKR.

WB are masters at lowering expectations. They predicted a 75M OW for MoS. And refused to say anything more than "It will beat TDK OW" for TDKR.

They won't resist saying the movie has a chance to beat Avengers OW if the hype online shows that.

For TDK they said $100m weekend even though Nikki and Steve Mason were already saying it would make close to $70m in a single day. Speaking of which, I wish Mason was still around. That guy made things more interesting.