Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

• Founder / Operator

Streaming This is the End right now...All I can say is that The World's End was much more funnier.

:angry:

Loved both. I give TITE the slight edge, but I'm awaiting the Cornetto box set before I get to see World's End again. Saw it as part of the trilogy screenings which may have affected my reaction. I felt Shaun and Fuzz (especially) were a bit superior.

• Founder / Operator

BTW, how did your audiences react to Divergent and Vampire Academy?

No trailer for Vampire at my screening, but Divergent got some reactions. Mostly from two or three rows of excited fangirls. Ugh.

Fri CF way over performed in SLC managed 6 top 20 Thrs,slightly under inLA/NY, Midwest seems to do well

I don't think I fully understand what this means, but glorious nonetheless.  

Let me take a crack at it anyway.

-On Friday CF overperformed in Salt Lake City.  Cool

-Managed 6 Top 20 Thursday.  ???

-Thursday slightly underperformed in LA/NY. Yeah, that's what the sellouts seemed to indicate as well.

-Midwest seems to do well.  Pretty straightforward

Based on what Rth's saying, I think we're starting to really do a good job with using our sellout reports as a barometer.  When there's so many accounts flying in, we're getting a pretty solid idea of how films are performing.  The impression we had from sellouts both days seemed to line up with his actual data.

• Like 1

Man, I didn't smile until the Cum battle scene and that's a stretch. So trying hard and none of the self-indulgent jokes are landing for me. All are rather cringe inducing.

Oh well, I got another one for the "unpopular opinions" thread then.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Fri CF way over performed in SLC managed 6 top 20 Thrs,slightly under inLA/NY, Midwest seems to do well

Salt Lake City

Yes. I've been watching that area. THG did ridiculously well there too.

Without the rose tinted fanboy glasses The World's End is kind of a mess. For every good joke (and there are quite a lot of good jokes) you get a handful of duds. 

I think out of the three of them I laughed the least but I think it's better than Shaun tbh. I appreciated where they went with it. Except the "have cake, eat it too." ending.

• Like 1

Man, I didn't smile until the Cum battle scene and that's a stretch. So trying hard and none of the self-indulgent jokes are landing for me. All are rather cringe inducing.

Oh well, I got another one for the "unpopular opinions" thread then.

You're not alone - I didn't find it funny at all

• Like 1

-Thursday slightly underperformed in LA/NY. Yeah, that's what the sellouts seemed to indicate as well.

Based on what Rth's saying, I think we're starting to really do a good job with using our sellout reports as a barometer.  When there's so many accounts flying in, we're getting a pretty solid idea of how films are performing.  The impression we had from sellouts both days seemed to line up with his actual data.

You can check SLC area theaters here: I've posted this link several times.

http://www.megaplextheatres.com/THEHUNGERGAMESCATCHINGFIRE/?date=11%2f23%2f2013

Without the rose tinted fanboy glasses The World's End is kind of a mess. For every good joke (and there are quite a lot of good jokes) you get a handful of duds. 

I'd say its pretty even to leaning toward more duds then hits... but that was me. I appreciated what they tried to do having them play themselves but in the end it was just a very uncomfortable movie to sit through (IMO) and it wasn't very enjoyable.

• Like 1

I think out of the three of them I laughed the least but I think it's better than Shaun tbh. I appreciated where they went with it. Except the "have cake, eat it too." ending.

Yeah, the ending was just crap, straight up. Though the bit near the end where they're just drunk and fucking with the Bill Nighy overlord was the funniest scene in the whole movie. 

• Like 1

Yea it's pretty amazing, ECSTASY and B J's West Coast sellout reports made me pretty confident that it would do more than "low to mid 60s".  Pretty sure we won't even need Nikki/Variety/Gitesh to give us inaccurate numbers.  Maybe we should start our own tracking business and rake in the advertising $$ :P

• Like 2