Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

Yeah, the ending was just crap, straight up. Though the bit near the end where they're just drunk and fucking with the Bill Nighy overlord was the funniest scene in the whole movie. 

Yeah, def the best scene. Honestly it's a B+ movie that I'd bump to an A- if they cut the epilogue.

• Founder / Operator

The quote of the year for me: "I love him..." Also this:

That scene sold me on $100m domestic when Sony screened it at CinemaCon. It may have barely crossed that mark, but dammit, I'm claiming it nonetheless!

Without the rose tinted fanboy glasses The World's End is kind of a mess. For every good joke (and there are quite a lot of good jokes) you get a handful of duds. 

Funny, TITE for me is a mess full of self indulgence, phoney and unsurprising self referenced "jokes", Rihanna cameo please...It doesn't help that I don't worship the Rogen brat pack so...I'm not receptive and those actors playing themselves sound more pretentious and lazy bros caprice made after a wild party than funny and inspired satire.

TWE is less messy and more straight forward even if repetitive but emotional and hit the right notes especially if you're attached to those characters/actors. (Paddy Considine and Eddie Marsan FTW).

IMO.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

That scene sold me on $100m domestic when Sony screened it at CinemaCon. It may have barely crossed that mark, but dammit, I'm claiming it nonetheless!

Phil couldn't believe how loud I was laughing when we saw it in NOLA. Another moment I still quote: "Shhhhhhh! *Sips from wine glass*

Edited by filmnerdjamie
  • Like 2

Man, I didn't smile until the Cum battle scene and that's a stretch. So trying hard and none of the self-indulgent jokes are landing for me. All are rather cringe inducing. Oh well, I got another one for the "unpopular opinions" thread then.

Spoiler alert?I'd rather not know that scene was "coming".
  • Like 1

As someone who hasn't see the other Pegg/Wright movies, The Worlds End was kind of boring.  The characters were really annoying, and especially Simon Pegg's main character was incredibly irritating and unrelateable at all.  I didn't find it all too funny either, but I don't usually get British humor.

Unlike TITE, which was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen in my life.  It was so vulgar but the more vulgar the scene the more I laughed.  I nearly pissed myself when they were kicking that decapitated head around.

• Like 1

As someone who hasn't see the other Pegg/Wright movies, The Worlds End was kind of boring.  The characters were really annoying, and especially Simon Pegg's main character was incredibly irritating and unrelateable at all.  I didn't find it all too funny either, but I don't usually get British humor.

That was kind of the point, though.

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

This is very subjective, but one of my biggest issues with TWE was the fact that Pegg's character was very hard to root for at times. As part of the "trilogy", that was too much of a derailment from what I had come to expect from the "buddy" aspect of the movies--even though I get what they were going for.

• Like 1