Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

My anticipation for DOFP is through the roof, and I liked the trailer way better than everyone here. That said, I'm kind of pessimistic about it. So many characters and not much confidence in Singer to recapture the X2 magic. Actually do have high hopes for TASM2 and CA as well, both look very entertaining. I have not and still do not, and maybe never will, get the hype for GOTG.

I loved the DOFP trailer too. Really excited, just hope they deliver. I'm not watching anymore trailers before seeing it.
  • Like 2

I actually enjoyed TASM far more than most and it honestly was close to the level of the first Raimi movie, it just felt redundant. Plus, iJack's lunacy overshadowed that movie on this board. I think with Foxx as the villain (I'm a big time Jamie Foxx mark) and the fact that it isn't a retread, I think I have the most confidence in TASM2 to be at least pretty good out of the four.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

My anticipation for DOFP is through the roof, and I liked the trailer way better than everyone here. That said, I'm kind of pessimistic about it. So many characters and not much confidence in Singer to recapture the X2 magic. Actually do have high hopes for TASM2 and CA as well, both look very entertaining. I have not and still do not, and maybe never will, get the hype for GOTG.

Maybe hindsight is too subjective here, but I honestly don't feel like X2 had enough magic to warrant the fear of not recapturing it. IMHO, it was no Dark Knight in that aspect.

• Like 2

Not sure about next year's superhero movies. ASM2 feels generic. CA2 looks good, but the first movie sucked. My excitement for X-Men: DoFP decreased a lot in the last few weeks. Can't fucking wait for GoTG

Not sure about next year's superhero movies. ASM2 feels generic. CA2 looks good, but the first movie sucked. My excitement for X-Men: DoFP decreased a lot in the last few weeks. Can't fucking wait for GoTG

You know at least one of those 3 will breakout big though, and I don't see how DoFP doesn't have the best chance out of them.

• Founder / Operator

Random:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tatum looks like Jim Carrey in Bruce Almighty here. To me.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1

Maybe hindsight is too subjective here, but I honestly don't feel like X2 had enough magic to warrant the fear of not recapturing it. IMHO, it was no Dark Knight in that aspect.

I think it's the opposite in a way. Before 2008 hit and IM and then TDK absolutely annihilated the bar, X2 and Spidey 2 were generally considered the best superhero movies. I think the absolute flux since 2010 of movies like Avengers and First Class and such have buried X2, which was pretty damn good. Maybe not magic, but better than anything in Singer's catalog that doesn't involve Keyzer Soze.

• Like 1