Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

• Founder / Operator

Well I thought it was just anticlimatic and it failed to hit emotionally like it was trying, but I think most people's problem is that Zod and Superman to kill like 10,000 people combined and suddenly Superman is freaking out and crying over killing him.

I just don't get how that's anticlimactic. It really underlines Kal/Clark's humanity and respect for life, IMHO.

• Like 3

All buildings I see Superman and Zod fightning in have 0 people. So yeah, there were 0 people killed.

My main problem with the whole movie is how this was essentially the equivalent of 10 9/11s happening and nobody seemed to give a fuck, or even actually get hurt. 

• Like 1

because why did he get sad killing a bad guy considering that he already killed thousands of good/innocent people in his fight with Zod

throwing Zod in buildings

crashing enemies and himself in buildings

punching Zod from smallville to a populated area

and he saved millions.

No. WTF have you seen the final battle of the movie? Do you see anyone in the buildings they clash outside the last one?!

Why wouldn't there had been people inside? Cause shit that must have been one quick fucking mass-evacuation.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

My main problem with the whole movie is how this was essentially the equivalent of 10 9/11s happening and nobody seemed to give a fuck, or even actually get hurt. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZcZ6eJoxeE

• Like 5

Especially when you factor he killed Zod in Superman II, all the other sadistic shit he did during the Reeve iteration and the fact that Batman iced motherfuckers left and right over the years."I won't kill you. But I don't have to save you." Uh, that's murder, assholes. Did you piss in your panties over that? No? Didn't think so.

Not to mention the damage Batman caused in that movie (brought down a bridge and crashed a monorail creating a huge explosion) and the cops lives he put in danger in the car chase

Just a sign of the times. Modern movie-goers are fucking pussies.

In 1981, they had no moral objection to Superman offing Zod. He had to do it.

In 2013, they whine and bitch about Superman "having a code." Uh, no. You're thinking of Batman and even then he broke it. Frequently.

The "Superman didn't save people" argument is also retarded (Read: lazy criticism for the sake of bitching). Why do you think he was fighting Zod in the first place? But that's for another time.

• Like 7

Gonna go to bed now. Hoping to be entertained by this topic in the morning though I half know it's gonna be 50 pages of Man Of Steel arguments which is THE BEST THING EVER THANKS CJOHN!

You're welcome  :ph34r:  :P