Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

Twilight's was nearly strictly a demo of middle aged females that rushed out along with their teen daughters, and Potter's were more parents/grandparents going with the kids/teens. THG hit adult male and female demos harder than the other two franchises. Adults will go see this even if they're not just taking the kids or are horny housewives.

I don't think THG hits adult males harder than Twilight or Potter. The first THG skewed heavily female. I believe that CF will skew heavily female as well.

Any comparisons?

Just Avatar, but it was averaging between 10-17 sellouts per night from December through February.

But it is besting avatars Friday business, that film got most of its big days on Saturday, we tend to have 50% to 100% increases.

Edited by B J

It did amazing at the theater I went to. I was worried about sellouts because of the weather, but we got to the theater around 7:30PM. They told us that all the showings had been sold out, and they had to open some. I got out, and the parking lot still had a lot of cars. Damn. I wonder how many more they had to open. We had the 10:00PM one.

Toronto area was quite a letdown in sellouts.

Similar size films have gotten more sellouts

To those who said THG did great at thier theater.

I am quite certain THG and other bigger openers did just as well or better. 

Edited by Lordmandeep