Beginning on August 1, 2017 all free accounts will have the same avatar size as all paid accounts. This means you will be able to upload larger avatars on that day if you have a free account and this will no longer be a paid perk.

ChD

The Hateful Eight | Out NOW in Digital and 70mm | 187 minutes long including a 12 minutes intermission

kowhite    14,330
3 minutes ago, xeno000 said:

The leaders of the FOP are acting exactly like terrorists or a gang. This threat is chilling and it's meant to be, in order to intimidate not just QT but anyone who might criticize the police. Should anything untoward happen around the release of this film the head of the FOP ought to be prosecuted for making terroristic threats and inciting violence. 

America is practically a police state.

Well, that might be an overstatement.

Well, unless you're black.  Or Hispanic.  

Talkie    6,244
4 minutes ago, kowhite said:

Well, that might be an overstatement.

Well, unless you're black.  Or Hispanic.  

I'm Black. And Native American. I know whereof I speak.

DMan7    4,499

The Fraternal Order of Police promises a "surprise" in store for Tarantino and the movie.

I don't understand that in the headline, what does it mean? o.o

I

Squadron Leader Tele    129,197
8 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

The Fraternal Order of Police promises a "surprise" in store for Tarantino and the movie.

I don't understand that in the headline, what does it mean? o.o

I

No one knows except the FOP.

DamienRoc    10,738
On 11/20/2015, 10:43:24, Telemachos said:

No one knows except the FOP.

I think we can rule out a surprise birthday party for QT.

Unless they're going to throw it three months early.

• Like 1

DAJK    10,630

So, is this 187 minutes at ALL theatres? If so, I can't imagine my theatre playing it when it opens. 3 1/2 hours occupying 1 screen. If it was something like Star Wars maybe, but I don't know if they won't want to waste the screen time, and staff hours to play this for more than maybe 1 show a day.

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

So, is this 187 minutes at ALL theatres? If so, I can't imagine my theatre playing it when it opens. 3 1/2 hours occupying 1 screen. If it was something like Star Wars maybe, but I don't know if they won't want to waste the screen time, and staff hours to play this for more than maybe 1 show a day.

187 minutes is the Ultra-Panavision 70 "roadshow" length. If you don't have a properly-equipped 70mm projector, you'll get the shorter version.

Jonwo    4,161

The general release version is still pretty long at 176 minutes, that's only 3 minutes shorter than The Wolf of Wall Street.

water    2,555
5 hours ago, grim22 said:

Jackson and Tarantino explain what a roadshow is, and a great history of Panavision

really cool and interesting. i hope i can catch this.. it really does look stunning and old-fashioned, and also makes me excited for rogue one

• Like 1

WrathOfHan    29,398
17 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

Lol, woah. That's like 3 hours and 7 minutes long. Will this be over all screens, or just in select theaters?

Only in theaters projecting on film.

17 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

Lol, woah. That's like 3 hours and 7 minutes long. Will this be over all screens, or just in select theaters?

Only in theaters projecting on film.

Not even that. Only in theaters presenting it in 70mm.

RichWS    17,450

The Angelika better not be the only theater doing this in 70mm. Screens are too damn small. Hopefully the Paris gets it. Sorry, NYC ramblings. Just release the theaters already!

AkUhenPRHEqAAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC _Ash_Clark
I can't say much about Tarantino's latest offering, but never has a film made me desire a long, cleansing shower quite as much.
12/1/15, 6:50 PM

AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC BilgeEbiri
Btw, I went with this tweet instead of, "Tarantino can die now, he's made his SALO."
12/1/15, 7:17 PM

:unsure: