ChD

The Hateful Eight | Out NOW in Digital and 70mm | 187 minutes long including a 12 minutes intermission

It's hard to get too excited about Tarantino doing yet another genre homage movie, but the potential cast is intriguing.

I can always get excited (sometimes way too excited) about Tarantino movies. But then I'm a big fan so maybe that doesn't count.Kinda agree though, I would love to see him try his hands at some other genres. Horror would be interesting.
  • Like 2

At the time I watched Death Proof it didn't seem bad. I watched it again recently and it had some very bad replay value.  Most Def QT's worst.  "Planet Terror" was lightyears better.  Here's how I rate QT's Films #1. Pulp Fiction (A +)#2. Reservoir Dogs (A)#3. Jackie Brown (B +)#4. Kill Bill (B +)#5. Kill Bill Vol 2 (B  )#6. Inglorious Bastards (B  )#7. Django Unchained (C +)#8. Death Proof* (C -) *QT has said he's only done 7 films, so something he doesn't view as apart of his catalog, lol.

List! Yay!1. Pulp Fiction A+2. Django Unchained A+3. Kill Bill (count as one movie) A4. Jackie Brown A5. Inglorious Basterds A6. Reservoir Dogs A-7. Death Proof B-There's no biases involved in my list. Nope. None at all.
  • Like 1

List! Yay!

1. Pulp Fiction A+

2. Django Unchained A+

3. Kill Bill (count as one movie) A

4. Jackie Brown A

5. Inglorious Basterds A

6. Reservoir Dogs A-

7. Death Proof B-

There's no biases involved in my list. Nope. None at all.

Posted Image

You sully my name with this ranking

I can always get excited (sometimes way too excited) about Tarantino movies. But then I'm a big fan so maybe that doesn't count.Kinda agree though, I would love to see him try his hands at some other genres. Horror would be interesting.

Yeah, I would love for him to take a stab at horror, or perhaps a Prohibition era gangster movie. You know, he was rumored for a Friday the 13th movie some years ago. That would have been orgasmic for me. :P

Btw, you got a GREAT avatar, Sam. :)

Edited by The Stingray
  • Like 2

Pulp Fiction was so unique for its time, that was the epitome of fresh and hip and cool but the hype was justified.I would say QT is one of the few geniuses or our time, with Cameron and Fincher.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Cameron is not in same league as QT and Fincher. 

Yeah I agree. Cameron is in a much higher league with Spielberg. :P

Anyway, I'm not excited for another western from QT. I wish to see him direct a film happens in modern days.

• Like 2

Cameron is not in same league as QT and Fincher. 

Cameron made Aliens.

Aliens is that movie...that thing I watched that made me go...oh my god, I really do love movies.  13 year old kowhite had an epiphany, and James Cameron gets the credit.

Oh yes, Cameron deserves the credit.  I don't care that QT and Fincher are generally better filmmakers (and in QT's case) better writers.  Cameron has delivered amazing before, and for that, he will never be forgotton.  God bless you James Cameron.

• Like 2