ChD

The Hateful Eight | Out NOW in Digital and 70mm | 187 minutes long including a 12 minutes intermission

Cameron made Aliens.

Aliens is that movie...that thing I watched that made me go...oh my god, I really do love movies.  13 year old kowhite had an epiphany, and James Cameron gets the credit.

Oh yes, Cameron deserves the credit.  I don't care that QT and Fincher are generally better filmmakers (and in QT's case) better writers.  Cameron has delivered amazing before, and for that, he will never be forgotton.  God bless you James Cameron.

QT and Fincher got nothing on Cameron's sense of staging epic action in time and space (I say this as I deeply respect those two as incredible and talented directors), it's like an incredible and irresistible force driving the movie forward visually whether it be the camera or the movement inside the frame that looks fast and kinetic without being murky and falling into epileptic short cutting/shakycam trend to impulse some false rythm the direction hasn't, everything is readable and crystal clear. Look very carefully how elements in the foreground/background move and drive forward the camera in his movies (i.e In Aliens, the long shot when the crew get on-board the APC, the dropship sequence, the way the APC comes out from the dropship and you see it flying away in the BG as the APC goes forward...Amazing miniatures staging), no fat just tight and sharp like a knife, it's Effective Action staging 101 lessons.

I mean the only time QT approached something as thrilling as a Cameron movie in terms of action was Kill Bill and it got a lot to do with Yuen Woo-Ping's incredible choregraphy and Sally Menke's editing aside Tarantino's direction. QT approaches action like his old-school idols Peckinpah, Shaw Bros and so on. Cameron is his own beast like Spielberg. Cameron is the american action man in its most noble definition (despite being canadian ironically) now that John McTiernan's career has hit the bottom.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

QT and Fincher got nothing on Cameron's sense of staging epic action in time and space (I say this as I deeply respect those two as incredible and talented directors), it's like an incredible and irresistible force driving the movie forward whether it be the camera or the movement inside the frame that looks fast and kinetic without being murky and falling into epileptic short cutting trend to impulse some false rythm the direction hasn't, everything is readable and crystal clear. Look very carefully how elements in the foreground/background move and drive forward the camera in his movies (i.e In Aliens, the long shot when the crew get on-board the APC, the dropship sequence, the way the APC comes out from the dropship and you see it flying away in the BG as the APC goes forward...Amazing miniatures staging), it's Effective Action staging 101 lessons.

I mean the only time QT approached something as thrilling as a Cameron movie in terms of action was Kill Bill and it got a lot to do with Yuen Wo-Ping's incredible choregraphy and Sally Menke's editing aside Tarantino's direction. QT approaches action like his old-school idols Peckinpah, Shaw Bros and so on. Cameron is his own beast like Spielberg. Camron is the american action man in its most noble definition (despite being canadian ironically) now that John McTiernan's career has hit the bottom.

Posted Image

• Like 2

Yes QT does a lot of homages but you can't take nothing away from him as a screenwriter.  He's a very good writer period.  But I also think he's an amazing director too.  It's just I understand the criticisms that sometimes he uses to many homage shots. 

• Like 1

QT and Fincher got nothing on Cameron's sense of staging epic action in time and space (I say this as I deeply respect those two as incredible and talented directors), it's like an incredible and irresistible force driving the movie forward visually whether it be the camera or the movement inside the frame that looks fast and kinetic without being murky and falling into epileptic short cutting/shakycam trend to impulse some false rythm the direction hasn't, everything is readable and crystal clear. Look very carefully how elements in the foreground/background move and drive forward the camera in his movies (i.e In Aliens, the long shot when the crew get on-board the APC, the dropship sequence, the way the APC comes out from the dropship and you see it flying away in the BG as the APC goes forward...Amazing miniatures staging), no fat just tight and sharp like a knife, it's Effective Action staging 101 lessons. I mean the only time QT approached something as thrilling as a Cameron movie in terms of action was Kill Bill and it got a lot to do with Yuen Woo-Ping's incredible choregraphy and Sally Menke's editing aside Tarantino's direction. QT approaches action like his old-school idols Peckinpah, Shaw Bros and so on. Cameron is his own beast like Spielberg. Cameron is the american action man in its most noble definition (despite being canadian ironically) now that John McTiernan's career has hit the bottom.

Mc tiernan was great but he never dealt with highly complex set pieces actions scenes that involved complex vfx.The final scene of True Lies is still unique 20 years on ...

Justin Kroll @krolljvar · 1m
I've been hearing Evan Rachel Wood, Geena Davis and Hilary Swank were girls that were possibly meeting, stay tuned

Justin Kroll @krolljvar · 2m
Rep saying JLaw H8 thing is not true. They could be lying but also heard she had to pass on Affleck's LIVE BY NIGHT cause of sched

• Like 1

Justin Kroll @krolljvar · 1m

I've been hearing Evan Rachel Wood, Geena Davis and Hilary Swank were girls that were possibly meeting, stay tuned

Justin Kroll @krolljvar · 2m

Rep saying JLaw H8 thing is not true. They could be lying but also heard she had to pass on Affleck's LIVE BY NIGHT cause of sched

Never heard that she was related to this Live By Night film, not even a rumor.

Edited by Klingo