baumer

Frozen (2013)

107 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Re-post:

Icing power of Elsa = awareness and power of modern females

Gloves and the isolation chamber = constraint on female awareness and power by tradition (parents, sociaty); She is born with her ability but gets opperssed ever since she is a child.

"Let it Go" and building of the ice castle = Rising and resistance of feminism 

Clothes changing = brave to show the nature and charmness of females

The icing of the mythical Nordic kingdom = the destroying of tradintion of patriarchal society

The prescription is the sisterhood of Elsa and Anna, not the so-called true love from a handsome guy = feminism rules; guys are useless and can only stand watching.

The happy ending, people dancing = feminism gets recognized 

Ultimately, Frozen = the termination of male chauvinism

Also, queen Elsa is the sexiest princess from Disney ever as she is the first one brave enough to break constraint and show the charmness of female ...... 
  • Like 1

Re-post:

Icing power of Elsa = awareness and power of modern females

Gloves and the isolation chamber = constraint on female awareness and power by tradition (parents, sociaty); She is born with her ability but gets opperssed ever since she is a child.

"Let it Go" and building of the ice castle = Rising and resistance of feminism 

Clothes changing = brave to show the nature and charmness of females

The icing of the mythical Nordic kingdom = the destroying of tradintion of patriarchal society

The prescription is the sisterhood of Elsa and Anna, not the so-called true love from a handsome guy = feminism rules; guys are useless and can only stand watching.

The happy ending, people dancing = feminism gets recognized 

Ultimately, Frozen = the termination of male chauvinism

Also, queen Elsa is the sexiest princess from Disney ever as she is the first one brave enough to break constraint and show the charmness of female ...... 

Mulan?

• Like 1

It is a good film but definitely one of the most overrated films of the year. I thought Monsters University and Despicable Me 2 were better. The animation is okay. I didn't like any of the songs and they got annoying after a while. The characters aren't likable at all. 

7/10

• Like 2

I didn't like it, cliche as hell (even for an animation), terrible dialogue, childish humor, too much musical numbers, the epiphany at the end was laughable and the animation was very bad for a 150m movie made by Disney. what I liked? gorgeous visuals, some scenes were amazing (Ice castle invasion and the blizzard at the end were just WOW) and "Let it Go" gave me goosebumps. C+ (55)

Meet the Robinsons A (95)

Ralph A- (90)

Tangled B (70)

Bolt B- (60)

Frozen C+ (55)

Chicken Little C+ (55)

Princess and the Frog C- (40)

Finally saw Frozen, its a great film but in my opinion definitely overrated.

It is not as good  as the Renissance super era of disney..No way!! The songs are not classic

and unforgetable as those in TLK, Beauty and The Beast, Aladdin, Lil Mermaid, Tarzan.

Come on now, and the story though its fantastic is not heart felt as how you feel with Bell and Beast

and Simba and his dad etc.

I do give the film a 8.3 out of 10.(Incredibles I give a 9.6, and FN a 9.1). Still rate Incredibles a lil better than Frozen.. I think Frozen is just

a shade beneath Finding Nemo is quality but Frozen is definitely in my top 25 all time Disney films.

If they were just aiming for the target audience of young girls then I think this does the job as good as any Disney princess flick, but unlike many of the Disney classics, I think it will leave most other audiences lacking. The movie was actually too cutesy, imo. There were points that I actually felt embarrassed to be in a theater watching this as a 23 year old, kinda like I was watching a Barney movie or something. :lol: And if you know me at all you know I love animation, so it's not like I think animation is too kiddy for me or something. I can't imagine boys over 8 liking this at all, and a lot of girls over that age may not either. Olaf is the one saving grace for the older audience I think, but it just has nowhere near the smooth sophistication of a Mermaid, Beast, or a Tangled.

I absolutely hated the music, which is what I heard the most hype about and was expecting to love. They went way too Broadway with it, and that's not the style of music that worked so great for them in the 90's. I hate that they were just singing the dialogue at many points. I want real sing a long songs from a Disney movie, not Les Mis musical dialogue recitals. :unsure: Let It Go and that Troll song were the only two that were more traditional, but then those felt kinda forgettable too. I honestly give the music a D-, bordering on an F. My least favorite Disney animation soundtrack since I don't know when.

On the plus side I did think the animation was drop dead gorgeous, particularly during the Let It Go number. WDA seems every bit as talented as Pixar these days in that department. Overall, I give this a C+. My least favorite WDA film since Chicken Little.

Hey Hey Movie man I agree with your entire review, music is very forced and does not fit in well seemlessly

like the 90s era  of Disney and other eras.. And yep the let it go sequence is the best of the film

animation wise and as close as they come to making a memorable sequence in the 2000s

I disagree that Tangled was better. hell no. Still this is not the best of the WDA era of the 2000s.

That in my opinion belongs to Incredibles because of the quality and Finding Nemo.

I also liked Princess and the Frog, but the story was not as good as other handdrawn epics

, nor were the visuals on par with TLK, Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin for instance.

After all the hype finally got around to seeing it.

I thought it was kinda generic for a Disney film, besides the excellent musicals, though some of them got kinda repetitive. I guess one problem I had was that the story was pretty predictable, and once Kristoff showed up, I knew immediately that Hans would turn out to be the bad guy. I'm kinda mixed on the protagonist. 

The true love ending was great.

Visuals were lovely. Olaf I enjoyed as a character, and it was kinda shot where he was completely out of place which was great.

Also the march to go find the queen was classic Wizard of Oz group of 4 people. 

B+

I give this film zero out of five stars. It has singing in it.

I haven't seen the film yet so this is a placeholder review until I never get around to seeing it, because again, it has singing in it. 

Glad to contribute to the thread.

Just finished watching it. 

I enjoyed it. Really good songs. Nice visuals and fun characters. Story wasnt as compelling though. Snow Queen story is one of my favourites and would have liked to see them be a tad more faithful than make it completely different. Still really good movie. Prefer Tangled a bit more though. 

B+/A-