Alpha

Alpha's Reviews: Year 8 (TAKE TWO)

Personally, I think he may have been better off with MUPPET HAIRSPRAY

Starring Janice as Tracy, Gonzo as Edna, Rizzo as Wilbur, Fozzie Bear as Corny Collins, Miss Piggy as Velma van Tussle, Animal as Little Enez, Dr. Teeth as Motormouth Mabel, Kermit as Link, Rawlf as Seaweed, and Beaker as Penny!

I would enjoy Muppet Hairspray more than regular Hairspray.

Also Films no need to edit your film because of one review. The only time you should go after edits is if you get really bad reception.

MirrorWorld

The Other Universe Is Just A Glance Away

MirrorWorld is a film I don't need to write a long review about, because I can sum up my words in a few sentences. MirrorWorld was a fine film, I wasn't entirely disappointed. The characters, plot, acting, writing and direction were all pretty basic, nothing good and nothing bad. It's basically your average kiddie adventure. If you go see it, remember that this film is not about quality, but entertainment, which is why this film gets an average rating.

B-

Demon: The Summoning

The Power Of Christ Compels You!

Three words; cliche after cliche. Co-workers summon an ancient demon that wreaks havoc. What else is new?

While MirrorWorld I couldn't say much because there was no problems but no triumphs, I can't say much about Demon: The Summoning because it's just a boring horror movie where everything has been seen, done and released. Yeah, it wasn't worth my time.

C-

My Request: 1944 - part I : Resistance

Anything else but this?

The film tells the Battle of the French resistance during the Second World War.

We discover two women prettent everything to liberate their country (for which their husbands are killed).

A sequel is planned for 9 years.

• Like 1

1944 - Part 1: Resistance

It All Started With Them

A studio debut film, 1944 is your average war film, but it prefers instead to stay off the battlefield. Instead, 1944 explores the lives of two young women trying to liberate their home country of France. I have to say it was OK for a player's first film. I think Neity had a good story planned, and it shows here. Michael Hazanavicius does a good directing job, and Berenice Bejo is also pretty well. I don't think it's going to win Best Picture like Hazanavicius' The Artist, but it was a good first foray for this new player into war movie territory.

B

Lost Planet

Welcome To The Future

Lost Planet is kinda dumbed down. I was excited to see where this movie would go, but I felt I was bored at how lifeless it was. The premise is interesting (humans evading a hostile Earth for a habitable extrasolar planet), but things just aren't that well developed. The idea of the already-there Akrid race and having to fight for control of the planet is ignored in favor of a corporations-versus-human life theme. Writing is mediocre, and direction and acting are weird fields. You have good acting (I really enjoyed Mark Strong's performance as Isenberg) and bad acting (sorry, Maggie Q). Lost Planet may try to be down to earth with the anti-corporation message, but unfortunately it keeps its head too high up in the clouds to touch the ground.

C+

Unbalanced V

Witness The Terrifying Conclusion Of The Worldwide Phenomenon

Unbalanced V takes a very awkward transition from story collection to singular plot, especially for a series conclusion. I guess the one story picked (Russian Sleep Experiment) would be a nice reason as to why whatever the hell was going on in this series is going on ("We are the madness that lurks within you all...". I'm scared.). I have to say, it worked out pretty well. The roots of the story are very intact, and it's much of the same content as the original story. The suspense is also still there, along with the scares, gore and shock. Maybe I thought the And while it may not be "disturbing and actual footage", is a disturbing film. This series has been slowly rebounding since Unbalanced III, and it will be a shame to see it go. Unbalanced, rest in peace. At least, in the peace that you already had.

B+

• Like 1

Blood Brothers

A Film That Exists For Some Reason

Blood Brothers is essentially a word-for-word Crtl-V of the original musical, mainly because it's just a Wikipedia plot summary. So, with that, this experience was an overwhelming reaction of....eh. I think that as it is, it's not a good idea to copy-and-paste Wikipedia plot summaries. I learned this in Year 5 with The Red Pyramid. There's no point to see this film, because it's not as good as the musical anyways, and if it's the same synopsis, then you might as well pay a ticket to see the musical. The acting from everybody is fine, and the direction by Louis Letterier is OK. Honestly, he wasn't a good choice for the director, because Clash Of The Titans and Now You See Me are much different than was this movie has to offer. I forgot about this movie in T-minus 1 day, because it's not memorable like the musical is. If you want to put something from stage to screen, then make it different. I have done this in the past (The Giver, Adventures Of Tom Sawyer), and it hasn't been the best result. Blood Brothers was not the best result.

B-

Edited by Alpha