CAYOM Year 8 Part 2: BO Predictions (4th Quarter)

Year 7 Oscars were full of crazy surprises. Heavy Rain winning Adapted, two foreign actors stealing the lead acting awards, and Risk Management dominating the important categories but somehow losing BP.

Not to mention that the two seeming front runners for Best Actress (Palthrow and Kendrick) finished in 3rd and 5th place respectively.

Not to mention that the two seeming front runners for Best Actress (Palthrow and Kendrick) finished in 3rd and 5th place respectively.

Y'know Kendrick getting fifth is probably what contributed most to be my current disillusionment with this game. I'm trying to get back into it, but none of my efforts have been serious so far. I was upset by the results last year a lot, but nothing as much as my first female-led film, and my best reviewed film ever in the game, getting fifth in the Best Actress race and walking home with no awards. Year 7 was the first year I really tried with OCs (TMF and Woman in the Crowd) and yet, neither of them won anything. :(

There's my sad, regretful rant of the day.

Y'know Kendrick getting fifth is probably what contributed most to be my current disillusionment with this game. I'm trying to get back into it, but none of my efforts have been serious so far. I was upset by the results last year a lot, but nothing as much as my first female-led film, and my best reviewed film ever in the game, getting fifth in the Best Actress race and walking home with no awards. Year 7 was the first year I really tried with OCs (TMF and Woman in the Crowd) and yet, neither of them won anything. :(

I still have those Oscar rankings in my messages, and I think I know why Anna Kendrick got 5th place.

Anna Kendrick was usually getting 3s and 4s from everybody, while everyone else was all over the place. I guess everyone had conflicting opinions about everyone else, which just led to higher overall scores. Anna Kendrick was just putting the same numbers on the boards.

Y7 was definitely your best year. Unfortunately there's always some historical epic that has to fuck with everything...

(hint, hint...) ;)

• Like 1

I still have those Oscar rankings in my messages, and I think I know why Anna Kendrick got 5th place.

Anna Kendrick was usually getting 3s and 4s from everybody, while everyone else was all over the place. I guess everyone had conflicting opinions about everyone else, which just led to higher overall scores. Anna Kendrick was just putting the same numbers on the boards.

Y7 was definitely your best year. Unfortunately there's always some historical epic that has to fuck with everything...

(hint, hint...) ;)

Well, f*ck all you guys, she was at least worthy of the 2 to Paltrow's #1  :angry:

:P

You'll never win from the first year of trying... Look at me - I had success in my first year and then not so much anymore.

You'll never win from the first year of trying... Look at me - I had success in my first year and then not so much anymore.

... but it wasn't my first year trying? Dogs of Babel and Shiverin' Gulch were both legitimate OCs as well, they just weren't at the length of TMF or Woman

TBH, my biggest CAYOM regret was that I wasted the lead in Dogs of Babel on Jason Isaacs. If I could do it all over again, I would've put Hugh Jackman in the role. Maybe then he'd have a shot at actually winning Best Actor

• Like 1

MY PREDICTED TOP 10 FOR JANUARY-MARCH 30

1. A Love To Die For- 152,204,780

2. MirrorWorld- 140,409,850

3. Pompeii- 123,081,050

4. Lost Planet- 117,027,540

5. At The Mountain Of Madness- 100,677,845

6. The Guardian Of The West- 80,854,520

7. The Good, The Bad And The Dead- 78.186,795

8. Darkseed- 77,177,315

9. Army Of Two: The Devil's Cartel- 70,734,919

10. Farmville- 70,493,221

Just missed: Hard to find [69.7m], Hush Hush Little Baby [68.9m], Chessmen [68.6m]

I have a really stupid question: who's doing actuals this year? I ask because I haven't seen riczhang over here at all, and I really don't know if he's still in board for actuals. If he's not up for it, I throw my name in the hat (just because I haven't done it yet along with not doing any predicts ;)

I have a really stupid question: who's doing actuals this year? I ask because I haven't seen riczhang over here at all, and I really don't know if he's still in board for actuals. If he's not up for it, I throw my name in the hat (just because I haven't done it yet along with not doing any predicts ;)

Yeah, I guess the next one on the schedule will end up doing the actuals