Impact

2011 Best Picture Predicts

Keep in mind as I have said so many times before on BOM:

The last BP winner not to have a editing nod was Ordinary People.

While in the past 50 years-Only Sound of Music and Titanic have won picture without a screenplay nod. (Which both were the biggest films at the time)

Only Wings, Grand Hotel and Miss Daisy have won without a director nod. (Daisy is the odd one out as it is the only recent one)

So remember this guys and girls.

The Artist

The Descendants

The Help

Hugo

Midnight in Paris

Moneyball

War Horse

*shrug* unless it somehow gets amazing box office I think it'll be difficult for Extremely Loud to regain buzz.

Also just watched The Help again... that would really be in my top 5 of the year if they had cut out the "shit pie" stuff. Film doesn't get enough credit for how good it is.

The Artist

The Descendants

The Help

Hugo

Midnight in Paris

Moneyball

War Horse

*shrug* unless it somehow gets amazing box office I think it'll be difficult for Extremely Loud to regain buzz.

Also just watched The Help again... that would really be in my top 5 of the year if they had cut out the "shit pie" stuff. Film doesn't get enough credit for how good it is.

Just goes to show how varied opinions can be. I only saw part of it, but honestly I thought it was dreck. Ah well. :)

Backlash will be the main problem with The Artist. But then, I'm not seeingany other contender strong enough in precursors to take the frontrunner place.

Right now it's a race between The Artist / Hugo / The descendants. Hugo is fading too fast in BO :(, and The descendants also has to fight the backlash. I was thinking on Incredibly close to be in the talks already, but th precursors are ignoring it completely... :blink:

After Golden Globes and SAGs noms and last week buzz:

The Artist

The descendants

Hugo

Moneyball

Almost locked

Midnight in Paris

The Help

Probable (from most probable to less probable)

The tree of life

War Horse

Drive

Extremely loud

Very unlikely (but still not out of the race)

Harry Potter (heavy campaign I didn't expect, but not the kind of film and genre that will get enough supporters)

Tinker spy (critics liked it a lot, but possibly not loved it the way a film needs to get Oscars)

Dragon Tatoo (not seen, and will likely be divisive between those who preffer the european version)

No clue where my post updates are, but here is my current:

The Artist

The Descendents

The Help

Hugo

Midnight in Paris

Moneyball

War Horse

If there were 5 I see it like this:

Artist

Descendents

The Help

Hugo

War Horse

With Moneyball getting the director nod, while The Help misses it.