Impact

2011 Best Picture Predicts

I'm so checked out of this year's Oscar race. All the likely nominees are so fucking vanilla. I'm not gonna go out of my way to see some of this shit this year... The Artist? Really? That's the front-runner?

You won't know if it's shit unless you see it.

So anyone think we will have a BD nod not nominated for picture?

In the past 35 years, only 1981, 2005 and 2008 had all 5 BP and BD nods match.

Of course 2009 and 2010 were diffrent as there were 10 noms.

It is possible when there are 10 nods for it to happen though.

I hope WH wins so that Lincoln doesn`t next year. There are just too many interesting movies to have such predictable buzz killer as the winner. Django, Les Mis, TH:AUJ, TDKR, Prometheus may not be conventional choices but they have better shot, at least some of them, if Spielberg won the year before.

I hope WH wins so that Lincoln doesn`t next year. There are just too many interesting movies to have such predictable buzz killer as the winner. Django, Les Mis, TH:AUJ, TDKR, Prometheus may not be conventional choices but they have better shot, at least some of them, if Spielberg won the year before.

That would be a fucking awesome lineup.

Too bad all obscure shit will come out of the woodwork in the next 12 months to throw a wrench in it.

That would be a fucking awesome lineup.

Too bad all obscure shit will come out of the woodwork in the next 12 months to throw a wrench in it.

Obscure shit has come out of the woodwork already this year hence why DH2 can`t even earn the blockbuster spot with 96% fresh.

Next time, after this telecast fails miserably cause even woodwork worms won`t watch to support obsure shit, they`ll have to bring in the big guns.

Edited by fishnets

If Lincoln delivers, it still has a shot at winning next year regardless of whether or not War Horse wins. Although, War Horse's chances at a win are looking slim.

Oh, and fishnets, with a $100M BP campaign, DH2 does stand a chance at a BP nom. WB just needs to get 5% of the votes. I think they will manage. I know many people here don't think DH2 will get the nom. But, I remain optimistic. Especially, again, because WB is spending $100M just to try and secure a nom.

You know, if DH2 doesn't get the nom, that would be worse than a $100M film flopping at the BO. lol

I'm so checked out of this year's Oscar race. All the likely nominees are so fucking vanilla. I'm not gonna go out of my way to see some of this shit this year... The Artist? Really? That's the front-runner?

I do want to see The Artist, but I feel like that if it wins, that more casual movie-goers will be alienated than ever in the history of Oscar history. There are a lot of people who are interested in the Oscar race, but a silent film might go over many film-goers heads. I know some people would love for a silent film to win, but lately people are of the opinion that the Academy Awards are completely out of touch with the mainstream, and The Artist winning would only further cement that. It's not like the 90's where we got a good mix of BP winners that also had mainstream appeal. While, I do appreciate films like The Artist winning, a mainstream film needs to win and soon. I feel like the last film with strong mainstream appeal to win was The Departed and maybe to a small degree The King's Speech.

Edited by CloneWars

The Artist winning...I don't know. Also cinematography? Why? Just because its in black and white?

I remember back in 2007 how so many people were saying that the winners were just off that year as they were not that known.

How about The Hurt...what again? (Which people were saying it was accurate when in fact, people that fought said it was not really)

2005, all the noms didn't do that well. You know there was a time when Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, Ben Hur and other major blockbusters were Oscar favorites.

If Lincoln delivers, it still has a shot at winning next year regardless of whether or not War Horse wins. Although, War Horse's chances at a win are looking slim.

Oh, and fishnets, with a $100M BP campaign, DH2 does stand a chance at a BP nom. WB just needs to get 5% of the votes. I think they will manage. I know many people here don't think DH2 will get the nom. But, I remain optimistic. Especially, again, because WB is spending $100M just to try and secure a nom.

DH2 should get a nom. It`s criticlaly raved so there`s no shame in a nomination and they`ll need viewers cause Artist, Descendants, other movie 0.01% of population has seen, won`t do the trick.