Tues #s RTH Catching Fire: 4, Frozen 2.4, Homefront 800K, Thor 700K

Tues CF 4,FRZ 2.4,Homefront, 800Kthor2 700k 

Catching Fire:  +17.5%

Frozen: -4%

Homefront:  +60%

Thor:" +31%

Edited by baumer
  • Like 4

Why is it good if it didn't increase despite discount Tuesdays? Animation films this year always increased on Tuesdays... I've missed something?

This:

Frozen drop equal with Tangled and better than TS2.

Edited by Empire

I'm also curious as to why Frozen dropped.  Discount Tuesday should have made it increase, unless the drop was so significant in the US that Canada just couldn;t make up for it.  It would be interesting to see RTH's breakdown for Frozen in the two countries.

• Like 2

I hope that Homefront number is right.  And if it is, this could be signs of really good legs.  It opened softly but it's had 5 days to build WOM.  And as I've said many times so far, it's one of the best films I've seen this year.  And most people I have spoken to really liked it.  I would be great to see it fall less than 45% this weekend.

I hope that Homefront number is right. And if it is, this could be signs of really good legs. It opened softly but it's had 5 days to build WOM. And as I've said many times so far, it's one of the best films I've seen this year. And most people I have spoken to really liked it. I would be great to see it fall less than 45% this weekend.

Did you see Philomena, b?

Did you see Philomena, b?

No I ran out of time yesterday.  Oldboy and Philomena were playing at two different theaters, and kinda far from each other.  But I have a free movie coming to me today with my reward points so I'll be going today.  And then I can't wait to see Out of the Furnace on Friday or Saturday.

• Like 5

I'm also curious as to why Frozen dropped.  Discount Tuesday should have made it increase, unless the drop was so significant in the US that Canada just couldn;t make up for it.  It would be interesting to see RTH's breakdown for Frozen in the two countries.

I really don't think Frozen has the WOM a lot of people are making it out to, and I think that's already starting to show. Good WOM sure, but I highly doubt it has the kind of WOM to hit 300 like many are predicting.

• Like 1

I really don't think Frozen has the WOM a lot of people are making it out to, and I think that's already starting to show. Good WOM sure, but I highly doubt it has the kind of WOM to hit 300 like many are predicting.

I think you are wrong.

• Like 3

Then why did it decrease as bad as Tangled's first Tuesday, despite no discount Tuesdays back then? If it had Tangled's 5 day multi it would finish at 273m, and right now it's looking to have a slightly worse multi.

So you think its longevity is already in trouble just because of a single tuesday drop?! Just because you didn't thoroughly liked the film doesn't mean that you gotta assume its bad fate out of nowhere.
  • Like 6