Crunching the Numbers The Ocho (4th Quarter Reviews)

At least you didn't pull a "A Woman in the Crowd" and have Lily narrate about a curse/circumstances/etc and then flat out avoid telling the audience what the deal was.

IT WAS UNCLEAR WRITING OKAY 

:P

• Like 1

Dracula

It's a by the numbers adaptation that has little ingenuity to it, though it's solid in the execution. Tom Cruise is kind of an odd choice for Van Helsing though. Enjoyable but nothing special.

Hairspray: Shimme More

I did not like Hairspray. This is more Hairspray.

The Normans

It's a well-made documentary and Clooney doesn't fail to provide a strong narration, but the film feels a lot more like a history paper on video rather than a true discussion and investigation of how the Norman invasion changed British society.

Avatar: The Last Airbender – The Search

There's no way all of that could be done in under 2 hours.

The Little Mermaid

So it's a live-action sequel to The Little Mermaid called The Little Mermaid. Ok then. The plot's kind of a mess and Eric is quite possibly one of the most useless characters of the whole year. It's fun for kids and those who like Liam Neeson kicking ass in PG-mode. Otherwise you might consider skipping.

• Like 3

Mushishi

It's a very atmospheric and fantastical tale, drawing on imagery and emotion to drive things forward as opposed to story. The framing is a bit awkward since it seems like more of the film is in flashbacks than in the present day, but things still work and move forward very well. I'd say that Farrell is perfectly cast in the lead role.

Wallace and Gromit

It's a slapdash assortment of sketches and non-sequiturs arranged into something resembling a plot. Kids will enjoy it very much.

• Like 2

Countdown time!

Run and Gun

The Normans

Behemoth

The Good, The Bad, and The Dead + Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash

• Like 3

Dracula

Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Search (I thought it was good, just seemed like far too much for sub 2-hours)

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

The Guardian of the West

Dragon Age: Awakening

• Like 3

13 is pretty cool. Really excited for the top 10.

I think you packed a bit too much filler into the middle of the movie. If it'd been slimmed down a little in the second and third acts it would have made Top 10 for sure.

I think you packed a bit too much filler into the middle of the movie. If it'd been slimmed down a little in the second and third acts it would have made Top 10 for sure.

I think that was the only big problem with Flowers For Algernon, ny main OCs (The Giver, Resonance) were more important at the time so I didn't really focus on Algernon. I'm still very happy it's getting attention.