Films

The MeanGirlsFilms Now Nice Reviews: COUNTDOWN FINISHED

I'll literally just give them a rating (e.g- B-), a box office prediction and maybe a one line review. I'll do it in order of films posted on CAYOM year 8 part 1

Edited by MeanGirlsFilms

ROUND 1

Mirror World- A = 36/122- A great film that we predict will be a box office breakout

Farmville- A- - 24.9/87.2- A hidden gem in February that should be checked out

Lost Planet- A- - 42.2/150.5- The big animation delivers on the script and should deliver at the box office

Pompeii- B+ = 70.2/178.4- Overseas will be the main focus here, but the good blockbuster should do really well here as well

Unbalanced 5- B- =30.2 [37.1]/67.2- With half the horrors falling around it with terrible reviews [bloodbath unite, slenderman, demon: the summering], the film should do better than we immediatlely thought.

Silent Invasion 3: The Attack- C+- 5.2/10.04- This film is poision and box office should be as well

At The Mountain Of Madness- C+- 57.1/124.3- A quite disappointing film for us though we do expect good box office

Ice Station 2: Area 7- C = 14.2/34.7- The first film was loved round here but this entry is a major disappointment and we expect a big decrease in box office

Daniel Tosh: New And Improved- E = 3.3/6.2- This is probably in the top 5 worse films of the 3 months [and wouldn't be surprised for it to stick around much longer]. Daniel Tosh can wind you up so much you want a gun for it to be over and done with, a horrible film that should bomb at the box office

Millenium Films studio focus film 1: BLOODBATH UNITE

D+. The main problem is that their is no likeable characters in this film and it goes on far too long with people making pointless decisions. 2% on Rotten Tomatoes.

millennium films tracking: The film is below par by what we were expecting when we put the film into production but it will be profitable with it's 7M budget. The announced sequel that's promised at the end and got a release date, were not so sure that is happening. We've got a benchmark it needs to make.

Our prediction: 14.7 [16.5m]/30.2m.

Edited by HairsprayFilmsCatchingFire

ROUND 2

The Guardian Of The West- A+ = 36.8m total. The biggest hidden gem of the year, it's a shame it's not getting a wider release but a classic and a fantastic film that were predicting big bucks for

The Good Bad and the Dead- B = 31.5/67.2. A nice mix of multiple genres and we think this can succeed at the box office as well

Chessman- B- =27.2/89.2. Some good performances and some bad performances but great scriptwriting saves it and it should do nice for a January animation.

Keg Party- B- = 15.8m total .An ok film that just earns it's B rating thanks to ATJ performance but otherwise slightly disappointing. The limited release is why we don't think it will be able to earn that much.

Darkseed- B- = 27.8 [34.9]/78.5 .A good film horror film brought down by Josh Hutcherson but should be a massive hit and the box office and get a sequel unlike the other promised sequels to other horror films this 1st quarter

Army Of two: The Devil's cartel- C= 30.5/70.0. It will do well at the box office but it was another disappointing entry from this franchise.

Slenderman: The Beginning- E = 23.8/37.5. Horrible horror but we think this could break out on OW though plummet very quickly and heavily.

Demon: The Summoning- F= 5.3/10.1. Possibly one of the worst films of the year, this is torture and ill be very surprised with a total over 15m.

Millennium Films Studio Focus film 2: HUSH HUSH LITTLE BABY

B. An average animation with an ok performance by Taylor Swift but kids will crave this and it should do well among that audience.

millennium films tracking: This is responding to what our expectations were at the start which is good. This should help boost the Oswood Animation limited small budget films and get two other animations made. Were going to predict 16.0 [20.3]/55.2 which is a bit higher than others though we are still pleased with those expectations.

OSWOOD ANIMATION PRODUCTIONS OPINION: Our first limited film compared to the films such as Candy Crush and The Garden, we have good expectations for this one. 17/50

• Like 1

ROUND 1

Mirror World- A = 36/122- A great film that we predict will be a box office breakout

Farmville- A- - 24.9/87.2- A hidden gem in February that should be checked out

Lost Planet- A- - 42.2/150.5- The big animation delivers on the script and should deliver at the box office

Pompeii- B+ = 70.2/178.4- Overseas will be the main focus here, but the good blockbuster should do really well here as well

Unbalanced 5- B- =30.2 [37.1]/67.2- With half the horrors falling around it with terrible reviews [bloodbath unite, slenderman, demon: the summering], the film should do better than we immediatlely thought.

Silent Invasion 3: The Attack- C+- 5.2/10.04- This film is poision and box office should be as well

At The Mountain Of Madness- C+- 57.1/124.3- A quite disappointing film for us though we do expect good box office

Ice Station 2: Area 7- C = 14.2/34.7- The first film was loved round here but this entry is a major disappointment and we expect a big decrease in box office

Daniel Tosh: New And Improved- E = 3.3/6.2- This is probably in the top 5 worse films of the 3 months [and wouldn't be surprised for it to stick around much longer]. Daniel Tosh can wind you up so much you want a gun for it to be over and done with, a horrible film that should bomb at the box office

Millenium Films studio focus film 1: BLOODBATH UNITE

D+. The main problem is that their is no likeable characters in this film and it goes on far too long with people making pointless decisions. 2% on Rotten Tomatoes.

millennium films tracking: The film is below par by what we were expecting when we put the film into production but it will be profitable with it's 7M budget. The announced sequel that's promised at the end and got a release date, were not so sure that is happening. We've got a benchmark it needs to make.

Our prediction: 14.7 [16.5m]/30.2m.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It has finally happened

Edited by Killimano3

ROUND 3 [The Last Reviews]

Hard To Find- A+ =60m final total. A fantastic film that is a masterpiece and one of the best of the year so far. We hope for great box office

A Love To Die For- A= 43.5/140.2. A fun great romantic thriller that should succeed at the box office.

Twinkies- B= 11m total. A solid film but we can't see it succeeding at the box office.

1944 Part 1: Resistance- C+ = 17m total. A great idea let down by a sloppy plot

Curling Men- C+ = 16.2/44.3 = An Ok comedy but nowhere near great.

We Are The Champions 2- C+ = 17.0/50.2. We loved the first one [yes I read it and rated it A] but this sequel is a let down in quality but we see an increase in box office.

The Last Rider- C- =13.2/28.4. A disaster from start to finish and we see small returns at the box office though it should do quite well internationally.

Thomas Was Alone- C- = 6.5/17.2. With all the great animation so far this year, we have our first letdown with a boring film and nothing to get excited about.

Espionage Project: This time it's Personal- D+. 28.5/78.9. What the hell was this, especially the end but it will do well at the box office.

Spinach Artichoke Dip- D 11.2/29.4 It mostly gets it's rating because of that absolutely horrible title though the plot isn't great either

Millennium Films Focus 3: BLOOD BROTHERS

B= This probably should have came out in Oscar season and the performances range all over the place from great to terrible though it is still quite a good film.

Millennium Films projection: 13/43. We expect a nice small opening and great legs which should lead this to profitability. [Magazine's side note: though the budget is 38m now, they wasted 42m on the project meaning it would actually need a much higher total for full profitability]

Millennium Films Focus 4: HAIRSPRAY

A= A fun frothy and delightful musical, Hairspray ticks most boxes and is a great feel good event but there is some cast members and songs letting it down from being perfect.

Millennium Films projection: 32/125. The OW projections for the 3 day are ranging from anywhere between 15-33m and we think it can hit the higher end of that range and it will have good legs which will also be boosted by it's extra two days at the start of the run.

Top 10 of the year so far

[*]The Guardian Of The West [A+] [*]Hard To Find [A+] [*]Hairspray [A] [*]A Love To Die For [A] [*]Mirrorworld [A] [*]Farmville [A-] [*]Lost Planet [A-] [*]Pompeii [b+] [*]The Good Bad and the Dead [*]Hush Hush Little Baby

Bottom 10 of the year so far [even though some films received better rating than others, on a look back they should have got lower or the other film should have got higher]

[*]Daniel Tosh: New And Improved [E- on looking back, this probably should have got an F] [*]Demon: The Summoning [F] [*]Slenderman: The Beginning [E] [*]Bloodbath Unite [D+] [*]Espinoage Project: This Time It's Personal [D+] [*]Spinach Artichoke Dip [D] [*]The Last Rider [C-] [*]Ice Station 2: Area 7 [C] [*]Thomas Was Alone [C-] [*]Army Of Two: The Devil's Cartel [C] [*]

• Like 1

Wait, E is actually used for movie reviews. That's the first freaking time in 2 years that I've seen a movie being graded 'E'

Not really but there were some films that were too bad for a D- but too good for an F so I brought it back temporarily

Also, I don't think it's a good idea to review your own films, mainly because we all give them a higher opinion than everyone else.For example, I doubt Hairspray is going to get an A from anyone besides you, along with the fact the highest grade for Blood Brothers was a B from you.

The 8 films so far having a potential of maki my top 25 from January- April in no orderRedwallHairsprayGuardian of the westHard to findMirrorworldA love to die forFarmVilleLost planetReally need to get back onto reviews, will continue from tomorrow

My top 25 films will be up soon.The giver looks good from a glance but I am not going to read it properly because the real film is out in August and I really want to see it but not knowing really much about the plot or what happens at the end

Will start top 25 in about an hour. My list will be the most different and controversial yetAnyway here is my honorable mentionsHM: The DeadlineHM: FeedHM: Stephen Kings It: Part 2HM: Lost Planet

COUNTDOWN BEGINS NOW

25. The Academy [spaghetti]

I did really like this film but it was a bit long and confusing at times with so many different time periods but I think it would be better watching the film rather than reading it. Also the cast was ok with a couple of bad performances [Campbell-bower and a couple more] but there were some amazing performances from Lea Michele, Hayden Pannatierre, Daniel Craig and more. A good film all in all

24. Two Way Road [ChD]

The film has a quite good script but is really boosted by another amazing performance by Mia Wasikowska

23. Star Craft: Blood War [Numbers Of House Stark]

One of the better blockbusters of the year which had a really good performance by Josh Brolin and absolutely amazing visual effects

22. Kill Them [Films]

One of a few films of mine on my list [but none are that high], I quite liked how this turned out with a couple of good performances and some nice action sequences

21. MirrorWorld [Electric]

The film has a quite good voice cast and a quite good plot [i seemed to like this film a lot more when I originally read it]

Edited by MeanGirlsFilms
  • Like 2

20. The Concert's End [riczhang]

A really interesting film led by great direction from Kenneth Branagh and great performances from most of the cast [and to single a couple out- Fassbender, Bejo and Murphy]

19. Resonance [Alpha]

I don't really like these kind of films but a good script and good performances by Liam Neeson and Emma Thompson gave the film the boost it needed. I really liked the ending and Darren Aronofsky made the film look really nice but I was not sure on Bernal's performance

18. Farmville [CJohn]

One of my guilty pleasures of this year, I really enjoyed this film because of the script which was a nice and fun film.

17. The Normans [Films]

I enjoyed writing this documentary because I really like History and I think this turned out really well.

16. The Dresden Files: Stormfront [ZaRukaio!]

The script was OK but the only reasons this is this high is because the film probably contains the best ensemble of the year. Shane Black was a great choice for director and RDJ was fantastic as usual and I really like Alan Tudyk. Jessica Chastain was superb [but when is she not] and I loved Karen Gillian [i love her so much and she was so amazing in Doctor Who]. If this is not on the FYC Oscars Consideration list for best ensemble, add it immediately ZaRukaio!

• Like 1