ecstasy

Mark Ruffalo Appreciation Thread!

This thread is dedicated to the wonderful underrated actor Mark Ruffalo. Most people know him as Bruce Banner /Hulk in the Marvel's Avengers motion picture. But he has amassed an impressive body of work of both major studio and independent films.

Posted Image

so its OK to start actor threads 

OK :D

we can go OT here & talk abt Jamie Bell & Ben Wishaw btw!!

Now I can post 10000000000 tumblr pics & swoon  :lol:

I bet everyone's gonna be sick of MR next year with Polar bear, Foxcatcher, Normal heart, Can a song save your life AND AoU filming :P

Edited by Leyla

so its OK to start actor threads 

OK :D

Now I can post 10000000000 pics :lol:

I bet everyone's gonna be sick of him next year with Polar bearm Foxcatcher, Normal heart, Can a song save your life AND AoU filming :P

Hey,

This is the description of the forum:

The Speakeasy

The classic discussion forum where you can review, ask questions about, or share general opinions on movies, filmmakers, actors, etc.

I've liked him ever since the first time I saw You Can Count On Me. Still his best performance.

I love You Can Count on Me. That's why I was looking forward to Margaret with the same director. That film turned into a nightmare during post production and was shelved for years before it was released. It was an ensemble and was good but it could have been better.

I love this guy in everything I've seen him in. Have not seen everything but plan to. In addition to You Can Count on Me, I thought he was fantastic in The Kids Are Alright, All the Kings Men, Zodiac, Reservation Road, 13 Going on 30 and Shutter Island. In the cut was weird but his performance was still good.

Edited by ECSTASY

Hey,

This is the description of the forum:

The Speakeasy

The classic discussion forum where you can review, ask questions about, or share general opinions on movies, filmmakers, actors, etc.

ah i see

i thought this threads go in sections like MCU for MCU actors & other franchise actors into those specific franchise forums

oh anyway here's the adorbs stills from 'Infinitely polar Bear' :wub:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ah i see

i thought this threads go in sections like MCU for MCU actors & other franchise actors into those specific franchise forums

oh anyway here's the adorbs stills from 'Infinitely polar Bear' :wub:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What is this movie? It looks adorable.

I had neither seen nor heard of the man prior to TA.  I was highly impressed by his performance and finally decided to see NYSM because he was in it.

Ruthie!!! :arms:

What is this movie? It looks adorable.

ikr

it looks like the sweetest thing ever (even sweeter than 13 going on 30)

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/sundance-first-look-philip-seymour-hoffman-christina-hendricks-in-gods-pocket-mark-ruffalos-infinitely-polar-bear-20131204

we've been speculating with his fan's site mod on twitter for a while if it gets into Sundance & it got! :hi5:

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 1

I had neither seen nor heard of the man prior to TA.  I was highly impressed by his performance and finally decided to see NYSM because he was in it.

Seriously? Well I guess better late than never.

Reservation Road is a 2007 American drama film directed by Terry George and based on the book of the same title by John Burnham Schwartz, who, along with George, adapted the novel for the screenplay. The film, starring Joaquin Phoenix and Mark Ruffalo, deals with the aftermath of a tragic car accident. It was released to theaters on October 19, 2007.

Edited by ECSTASY

Ruffalo is one of my faves as well.  I didn't know who he was before In The Cut, which is the horrible Meg Ryan movie where she tries to get her career back on track by doing full frontal.  He was a real ass in that film and I thought he would be for the rest of his career.  Then I saw him in 13GO30 and ,y opinion changed of him.  Really terrific actor.

• Like 1

Two notes on Mark Ruffalo

I first noticed him seriously in Collateral though I remember him in The Last Castle. Spoilers for Collateral

I still somehow choose to believe that he did not die in Collateral, even though he was likely shot 3 times and shown slumped on the ground. But I liked Ruffalo that much to want him to live

Secondly, he has a really underrated cameo in Date Night, because he refers to 'that Asian guy in Sixteen Candles' as Long Dick Dog.

• Like 1

Two notes on Mark Ruffalo

I first noticed him seriously in Collateral though I remember him in The Last Castle. Spoilers for Collateral

I still somehow choose to believe that he did not die in Collateral, even though he was likely shot 3 times and shown slumped on the ground. But I liked Ruffalo that much to want him to live

Secondly, he has a really underrated cameo in Date Night, because he refers to 'that Asian guy in Sixteen Candles' as Long Dick Dog.

I have not seen Collateral. Sounds like it was a good movie.

Me neither, but since it is from the director of I Am Legend and Catching Fire, I really want to see it.

The fuck? It was directed by Michael Mann, the man who made Heat and The Last of the Mohicans.

I have not seen Collateral. Sounds like it was a good movie.

It is SUPERB. Tom Cruise's best performance of the past 20 years almost. You must make a strong effort to see this immediately.

And good thing I tagged that, I almost didn't because I figured statue of limitations had passed.

• Like 1