CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

Decent opening. Friday number may seem significantly lower than AUJ at first glance, but if you take out midnights, Friday business was only a million or so behind. Also, the lower midnight/Friday ratio suggests that it may be less frontloaded than AUJ and hence could show a better jump on Saturday. AUJ had 15% jump on from Friday day business. A 20% jump is not out of cards, which would actually take the Saturday number over AUJ's.A 80m+ opening and 300m+ total is still within reach, given the better reviews.

• Like 4

Decent opening. Friday number may seem significantly lower than AUJ at first glance, but if you take out midnights, Friday business was only a million or so behind. Also, the lower midnight/Friday ratio suggests that it may be less frontloaded than AUJ and hence could show a better jump on Saturday. AUJ had 15% jump on from Friday day business. A 20% jump is not out of cards, which would actually take the Saturday number over AUJ's.A 80m+ opening and 300m+ total is still within reach, given the better reviews.

Yep

Yeah I wouldn't rule out a surprise like that, but not expecting it either.  I just got back and it is definitely a stronger movie than AUJ.

• Like 1

So after spending 30 minutes looking for MY LOTR DVD's I realized my ex wife kept them.   :rant:

I'm now putting on Revenge of the Sith.  I might not go to bed now.  It's 4:20, not tired anymore.

• Like 5

So after spending 30 minutes looking for MY LOTR DVD's I realized my ex wife kept them.   :rant:

I'm now putting on Revenge of the Sith.  I might not go to bed now.  It's 4:20, not tired anymore.

Wow, that sucks. You didn't even know that you didn't get custody of the LOTR DVDs. :o

• Like 4

Wow, that sucks. You didn't even know that you didn't get custody of the LOTR DVDs. :o

No.  I remember now of course.  But I have about 500 DVD's.  She tried to keep the SW dVD's and Matrix as well.  I took those two and left her the LOTR EEs.  The sad thing is they are just decoration to her.  She'll never watch them.

No.  I remember now of course.  But I have about 500 DVD's.  She tried to keep the SW dVD's and Matrix as well.  I took those two and left her the LOTR EEs.  The sad thing is they are just decoration to her.  She'll never watch them.

Okay, well, that sucks. LOTR DVDs should not be used as decorations. :angry:

• Like 1

Bummer. Go buy them in blue ray :D