CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

I also think the original Terminator is the best. It's Cameron's shortest film by a damn sight. It's amazing how economic he is and still manages to sell everything perfectly.

My films where the sequel goes leaps beyond the originals.

Are Empire Strikes back, its by far the best SWS film of all time and one of the greatest movies ever made.

Terminator 2.. Mega leaps over T1 and arguably the greatest sequel of all time.. James Cameron is the man!

Aliens..Still the best of the entire franchise and to many the best sci-fi Horror/epic of all time.

Another Cameron Film I might add. :)

Lord of the Rings 2... .Another jaw dropping sequel and the most aweinspiring film experience dealing with wizards, warlocks and fantasy of all time.. :) If you havent seen Helms Deep on big screen its a must for any film fan who wants to see one of the greatest battle scenes ever put on film 

Imo DOS still has holidays even with fail OW (+considering bad weather & less theaters than AUJ)

really what better movie to watch on holidays than a movie with elves :lol:

Thranduil is optimistic still 

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 2

Bad Weather apparently.

Yep some places got 8-15+ inches... My sister couldnt even go to work at Apple and it was the same all over the eastern areas and other areas..Only avatar gets folks going into snow storms lol.. Come on storms end so Smaug can shine and impress moviegoers..

Wow 48FPS High resolution Digitals 3D for life.. The future of 3D films made properly is going to change everything... Well worth me and my lil sisters 12.00(We went to a mantinee showing to save some bucks or it was 17 to see the best version of Smaug_)

That is one of his gifts, but I also think he is the best action director in the world. I always think back to the 18 wheeler/dirt bike chase in T2. I love that shot where the camera is at ground level following Arnold's motorcycle as he passes the 18 wheeler in a tight spot. Impeccable direction and framing choice with the cameras.

Now that you mention it, he is. I just never think of him as an action director. I don't remember that scene in detail just a vague memory. I need to watch that movie again. :D

• Like 3

bad news  :(  at lease we still have nice OS results :wub:

Hows our overseas results Leyla.. Send that positive mental energy for big rebounds and less Snow storms this coming week...DOS is just one powerful film experience. Not as dramatic and Oscar award winning material like LOTR 1 and LOTR 2, but brilliant  as a different kind of animal none the less. What a right.

Is it me does Smaug steal the show for films this year.. Holy crap!!  Clap if you loveee Smaugggggggggg!!!

" Kneel to meeee thou doubters of my boxoffice or I will feed on your bonesssss!!!!!!!!" ===Smaug has spoken!!!

• Like 1

$31.1m

$23.8m

$16.5m

$71.4m

LOL. 

Congratulations, Floppit X2, you're going to have the 9th biggest opening weekend of the year...10th, really, that is if you hit above ST2's $70.5m (and that opened on Thursday, too!!!)! hahahahahaha

• Like 7

$31.1m

$23.8m

$16.5m

$71.4m

LOL. 

Congratulations, Floppit X2, you're going to have the 9th biggest opening weekend of the year...10th, really, that is if you hit above ST2's $70.5m (and that opened on Thursday, too!!!)! hahahahahaha

You forget if snow storms hit any film except Avatar its going to take a hit. This doesnt represent  the true power of DOS.

And what happens if the WOM gets crazy and Smaug gets a huge multiplier.. :D You also realize that DOS  will beat possible all the movies this year thanks to a huge OS gross. That could go over a billion.. Stay tuned :D