CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

You forget if snow storms hit any film except Avatar its going to take a hit. This doesnt represent  the true power of DOS.

And what happens if the WOM gets crazy and Smaug gets a huge multiplier.. :D You also realize that DOS  will beat possible all the movies this year thanks to a huge OS gross. That could go over a billion.. Stay tuned :D

It's not hitting $1b overseas. That's like $40m more than DH2. 

I don't really have a dog in the fight for the LOTR/Potter rivalry, but Noctis' reaction is hilarious. That's what BOF is all about, LMAO.

The funny thing Red... Juggernaut franchise will blow them all away possibly within 2-3 films... Im a big fan of Harry, but  DOS is a 1b-1.3BWW or more potential film..  Noctis is mistaken if he thinks a snow storm makes a movie a flop. :P

It's not hitting $1b overseas. That's like $40m more than DH2. 

Stranger things have happened.. Smaug's movie experience got so much claps and praises you just never know Noctis.

:P.. Still beating our DH2 is unlikely... Then Again Avengers managed to do it. So lets see what happens.

Are you also part of the Pandora for ultimate franchise dominance...>I love it how folks saying James Cameron cant possibly do it again..

Hah hah Juggernaut 2 is coming to prove just silly it is for anyone to underestimate James Cameron at this point.

I still can see folks who cant get to the film during the storm comin back for more when the storms go down. There is no xmas film worthy of seeing besides SMAUGGGGGGGGG!!!!

Would be funny as hell if it happens.

Shoot after IM3 blew nearly 200M past my max expectations..Indeed it is very possibly Redbird buddy :)...

And would be well deserved.. Its the best movie experience in years, though not quite as grand as LOTR 2 LOTR 3  and HP 7Part 2 and Part I and HP3 , and Hp4

AUJ/DOS will be lucky to sell 90% as many tickets as the lowest Potter movie worldwide adjusted. <33333

Doesnt have to with this new level of 3D and beauty tied in with a great film.. Noctis.. Also in all fairness there are more ways to pirate than HP3 days.... Hee hee.

And even HP7 part 2 needed 3D boost to help with that awesome mega Domestic and WW gross. :)

• Like 1

Doesnt have to with this new level of 3D and beauty tied in with a great film.. Noctis.. Also in all fairness there are more ways to pirate than HP3 days.... Hee hee.

And even HP7 part 2 needed 3D boost to help with that awesome mega Domestic and WW gross. :)

Sure, I know it did. But Potter had a very low 3D share both domestic and overseas. 

It would have still done right around $1.2b without 3D.

Edited by Noctis

We heard that for HP fans saying Avengers cant make 600Mil or beat HP2 either  Noctis.. Lets wait and see  how folks take to  PJ pushing the 3D and beauty envelope even further.

Do not underestimate Smaug!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huh? 

Rings fans ... coming from the guy with the trilogy as my 2nd favorite film of all time ... don't grasp for straws about why it isn't making as much money ... just accept that it's not as popular anymore and that this series of films is being made from the weaker book and Peter just hasn't done as great of a job this go around.  

You'll feel a lot better.

• Like 2

Rings fans ... coming from the guy with the trilogy as my 2nd favorite film of all time ... don't grasp for straws about why it isn't making as much money ... just accept that it's not as popular anymore and that this series of films is being made from the weaker book and Peter just hasn't done as great of a job this go around.  

You'll feel a lot better.

I did that last year. As well as starting a Christmas tradition of watching the entire trilogy on the 25th. Extended edition.

• Like 2

Posted Image

I love this poster.

I really wish DH2 could have done $450 million domestic. It would have really brought the series full-circle from a box office standpoint had attendance landed closer to SS.

At least we got a great film and a bomb-ass WW total.

• Like 6

I really wish DH2 could have done $450 million domestic. It would have really brought the series full-circle from a box office standpoint had attendance landed closer to SS.

At least we got a great film and a bomb-ass WW total.

The $960m is still fucking gorgeous to look at. Especially for an 8th film in a series with a MUCH lower 3D share than almost all other blockbusters overseas.

• Like 2