CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

Lol the unsinkable Titan 30M OW... 600M Domestic 20x multiplier Mr. Architect.

:D And even though different years the sequel still increased by nearly 14 times what T1 made. :D

Revenues in the film's second weekend decreased by only 1.8% in domestic markets, marking a rare occurrence

Avatar a whopping 9.8 multiplier. Santa.. 77MOW (760M + limited re-release while running in theaters)

Seems  James Cameron defies logic to me Santa.. But keep saying it will decrease.. :D

I swear I hear this guy's voice when I read your posts:

Posted Image

:P

• Like 1

I'll hold you too it too if that happens Santa.  Hah hah for 40 days.. NO need to have that forever.. :D

Hee hee. If avatar makes less than 3.5BWW I will give you a 10.00 paypal. :D

Easiest $10 I will ever make. ;)

And I like that you are such a cool customer these days. Your confidence is almost catching. Almost. :P

What sequels are you referring to?  The one that came out in 1986 and the one that came out in 1991?  Those are different times for multipliers.  Look at Avengers.  A 200 mill OW got a 3X.  IMO, if Avatar is to open north of 100 mill, then the best it can hope for is a 4X. 

Since Avatar 1 had a 9.8x Multi, T2 had a 6.5  Multi. Titanic had a 30x multiplier..

We going to have to agree to disagree that Avatar opening over 100M can only get a 4x multiplier... This is James Cameron.. Not PJ, NOT Speilberg..  There is never been his equal pound for pound on what this man and the teams he leads can achieve.

James also is the deepest single passenger vehicle submergible diver of all time by the way. How about those apples guys. :D

Since Avatar 1 had a 9.8x Multi, T2 had a 6.5  Multi. Titanic had a 30x multiplier..

We going to have to agree to disagree that Avatar opening over 100M can only get a 4x multiplier... This is James Cameron.. Not PJ, NOT Speilberg..  There is never been his equal pound for pound on what this man and the teams he leads can achieve.

James also is the deepest single passenger vehicle submergible diver of all time by the way. How about those apples guys. :D

Jaws had a 37X

Raiders had a 29X

ET had a 39X

See what I did there?  

• Like 2

Easiest $10 I will ever make. ;)

And I like that you are such a cool customer these days. Your confidence is almost catching. Almost. :P

Hah hah your sig belongs  to me AA.. IT will be a day long remembered, but I dont think I will do this bet for Avatar 3..lol Could james be so incredible to increase over 3.5B again.. Not so sure.. LOl But then again LOTR kept increasing.

At some point you must learn my fiesty Cameron is not a film god friend you must admit defeat.

" Cameron has no limits!!!!" :sherlock:

Jaws had a 37X

Raiders had a 29X

ET had a 39X

See what I did there?

Baumer none of the films were in the same era..Titanic, Avatar all in the same era. And faced internet pirating ,mini device pirating and bootlegging un heard of in those days

James camerons success creating Box Office Phenoms is bigger than Speilbergs. Camerons films faces more competition Baum and he still defies the rules. :)

Did I mention Titanic finally beat ET for the most numbers 1s even facing massive pirating with internet..Titanic is a superior film to ET As well in quality.. Though ET is one of my favorites :)

Even though Avatar 2 should drop quite a bit I think we should yield to that fact that JC is on different universe when it comes to attracting folks who otherwise dont go to movies. That fact that Avatar 2 will be the 1st JC movie in like 7 years(if it releases by 2016) should provide some added catalyst to its gross. I also agree 3d craze has ended eons ago but gravity did show an odd exception can still exist. i think JC could attract audience back to 3d and even if they go to 2D it should still sell boatloads of tickets.

I think Avatar 2 can make 500M+ domestic and 1.5B+ OS for 2B+ WW. China will probably double the previous crazy record and there would be other developing markets which can still grow. Latin America was not that big and still has some potential to grow.

I've seen some dumb posts from Nikki before, but this has to be the dumbest:

SUNDAY Box Office: Sony/Col's 'American Hustle from David O Russell overperformed in limited 6 runs. High per screen average but $40M cost.

She's posting this as if the film will not expand. :rofl:

• Like 3

Both Avatar 2 and TA 2 will decrease. That's just the nature of the game. You gotta be a phenomenon to make that kind of money, and only original movies become phenomenons (or is it phenomena?).

Wrong, you have to keep making movies that push the envelope..And titanic wasnt an original movie..  I think many have posted Titanic films have been done what 10-20times. James superior film making is what made the difference. Simple as that :).

T2 didnt decrease and Im pretty sure neither willl Avatar 2

Both Avatar 2 and TA 2 will decrease. That's just the nature of the game. You gotta be a phenomenon to make that kind of money, and only original movies become phenomenons (or is it phenomena?).

I agree for the most part, but Shrek 2, Dead Man's Chest, and The Dark Knight were definitely sequels.

Even though Avatar 2 should drop quite a bit I think we should yield to that fact that JC is on different universe when it comes to attracting folks who otherwise dont go to movies. That fact that Avatar 2 will be the 1st JC movie in like 7 years(if it releases by 2016) should provide some added catalyst to its gross. I also agree 3d craze has ended eons ago but gravity did show an odd exception can still exist. i think JC could attract audience back to 3d and even if they go to 2D it should still sell boatloads of tickets.

I think Avatar 2 can make 500M+ domestic and 1.5B+ OS for 2B+ WW. China will probably double the previous crazy record and there would be other developing markets which can still grow. Latin America was not that big and still has some potential to grow.

I agree with those numbers.  I did not say that Avatar would fall of the face of the earth, only that it would fall to somewhere between 500-600 mill.

I agree for the most part, but Shrek 2, Dead Man's Chest, and The Dark Knight were definitely sequels.

None of those films were coming off of a record gross from the last.  

• Like 5

Avatar 2 wont decrease from 760m to 500M domestic..That is a dream your having being an Avenger fan Keyeser lol.

Minimum for Avatar 630-650M domestic...Max 850-1bil domestic..OS 2.6-3.2Billion or more