Jonwo

Biopics or Films based on real events you'd like to see made

Biopics and films based on real events have always been popular both critically with audiences and this year is no exception with films like Captain Phillips, Saving Mr Banks, The Wolf of Wall Street and Mandela the Long Walk to Freedom to name but a few which are all based on real people and/or real events. My question is what person or real life events would you like to see made into a film. 

The first would be Jim Henson and the creation of the Muppet Show, it would be interesting to see what inspired him to create the assorted characters and also his struggle to get the Muppet Show on air. 

The second would be Gene Roddenberry and the creation of Star Trek, again, the behind the scenes aspect would be interesting but also show how a cult sci-fi show became the franchise we know today, 

• Like 2

I personally can't wait for the Reagan movie. But anyway, here is my list for biopicsWashingtonAndrew Jackson (hopefully showing his cruelty towards Native Americans and South Carolina)John Tyler going against his party (he is the best president)James PolkWoodrow WilsonLyndon JohnsonJimmy Carter (another great president)

Andrew Jackson, especially show all the juicy stuff with Rachel Jackson, and him beating other people that got him mad with his cane, etc.

Also, bringing in his adopted native son and then showing the impact of trail of tears could be really good.

Seriously, why have they NOT made an Andrew Jackson biopic, his entire life is so interesting. (Raised in a log cabin, captured as a boy during the American Revolution only to have his entire family dead by the end of it and he even watches his mother die, the Battle of New Orleans, his campaigns into Florida, the fierce political campaigns by Jackson, Rachel Jacksons, all of his political actions, the couple of times he beat other people that got him mad with his cane, dueling, him going broke by the end of his life)  There is just so much stuff fit for cinema that went on in his life.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 4

Something I think would be right up Spielberg's alley is Nazi Titanic (documentary on History channel). Basically it revolves around the Nazis desperately trying to make their own Titanic propaganda movie of the time to counter the massively successful version stateside, but the whole thing eventually fell apart.The director was executed for insulting German officers and possibly Hitler himself, and the ship used in the movie was, near the end of the war, used as a prison ship that, ironically, had on board thousands of Jews till it was unknowingly bombed by the allies. Almost 3000 died (3x more than the actual Titanic). So definitely not a happy ending. But a story I feel not a lot of people know about.

Edited by Wade
  • Like 1

If it weren't for the Documentary Senna, I think you could make a really good narrative film out of the San Marino grand prix weekend from 94. One big worrying crash followed by two tragedies including the biggest guy in the sport akin to the loss of Dale Erndhart (spelling?). It seems tailor made for a crushing drama.

• Like 1