K1stpierre

Foxface under the hat!!! The Hunger Games Characters under the Sorting Hat!!!

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which house should Foxface be under?

• Gryfindor
    • Hufflepuff
    • Ravenclaw
    • Slytherin

Not bad. Johanna is Slytherin though. Kind of shocked there is such a shortage of Gryffindors in THG. 

I agree with you. I love Johanna to death, second fav character, but she is most def Slytherin to me. Finnick for me would be a Huffie :P

• Like 1

I agree with you. I love Johanna to death, second fav character, but she is most def Slytherin to me. Finnick for me would be a Huffie :P

Oh yeah, I love Johanna too and she and Katniss keep switching as my favorite character, but the pretending to be helpless and then going coldhearted killer bitch on her competitors is nothing but Slytherin lol. 

Finnick is less easier to place though. There are shades of Gryffindor, Slytherin AND Hufflepuff there. If he'd take one of those "Which Hogwarts House will you be sorted into?" online quizzes with detailed result breakdown, he'd probably get 40% Slytherin, 30% Gryffindor and 30% Hufflepuff. :P 

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I love Johanna too and she and Katniss keep switching as my favorite character, but the pretending to be helpless and then going coldhearted killer bitch on her competitors is nothing but Slytherin lol. 

Finnick is less easier to place though. There are shades of Gryffindor, Slytherin AND Hufflepuff there. If he'd take one of those "Which Hogwarts House will you be sorted into?" online quizzes with detailed result breakdown, he'd probably get 40% Slytherin, 30% Gryffindor and 30% Hufflepuff. :P

Oh I totally agree! Finnick is the hardest person to sort into a house. He has all three of those qualities and anyone could really make a good argument for either or.

Okay! Sorry for the delay on this you guys, been caught up with life lol. Originally I came up with this just so the wait for the DVD would go faster. I'll continue it though.

Next up, Foxface!

Posted Image

Edited by k1stpierre

Ravenclaw all the way. My vote isn't registering for some reason though.

Foxface is one of my favorite tertiary characters in any franchise. I loved her UTR strategy the best. Resourceful and non-confrontational survivor. If she were a Game of Thrones character, she'd be a Tyrell!

Ravenclaw I guess. We don't know really anything about her other than she's pretty clever and also non-confrontational. It'd be interesting if she hadn't made the berry mistake.

Yeah, I think she would have been smart and gutsy enough to play the "Hiding in Cornucopia" trick again before the Hounds were unleashed. So she'd be saved. Since she would have reached the Cornucopia before Cato, she'd have had to kill him though, one way or the other. Not letting him climb to the roof would have done the trick (provided she managed to climb the roof before the Hounds got to her). Same thing for Katniss and Peeta when they arrived later, unless Katniss somehow managed to strike her down with an arrow.

I think she could have taken it all without the berry mistake + smart thinking similar to what she had displayed earlier.  

Edited by Spidey Freak of Highgarden

I would say Ravenclaw too, though really if you think about it you could make the argument for Slytherin as well. I feel like Foxface could be on that fine line between is she intelligent, or is she cunning? Or is she a mix of both?

I would say Ravenclaw too, though really if you think about it you could make the argument for Slytherin as well. I feel like Foxface could be on that fine line between is she intelligent, or is she cunning? Or is she a mix of both?

Cunning does not necessarily equate to cruelty or arrogance, traits we often associate with Slytherin. You can be shrewd but you can also have a big heart. That's the same reason I don't like it when the Tyrells from GoT are labelled as "evil" or when Buzzfeed sorted Margaery into Slytherin when they sorted GoT characters into Hogwarts houses.

I think Foxface is highly intelligent and also cunning, but that doesn't mean she is inclined towards Slytherin. She had multiple chances to kill Katniss and Peeta in their sleep or by poisoning their food, but she didn't. She preferred staying out of people's way as much as possible and focusing on her own survival.

• Like 1

Cunning does not necessarily equate to cruelty or arrogance, traits we often associate with Slytherin. You can be shrewd but you can also have a big heart. That's the same reason I don't like it when the Tyrells from GoT are labelled as "evil" or when Buzzfeed sorted Margaery into Slytherin when they sorted GoT characters into Hogwarts houses.

I think Foxface is highly intelligent and also cunning, but that doesn't mean she is inclined towards Slytherin. She had multiple chances to kill Katniss and Peeta in their sleep or by poisoning their food, but she didn't. She preferred staying out of people's way as much as possible and focusing on her own survival.

Slytherin's are not evil, they're just primarily self-interested and use cunning to work their surroundings to their advantage. Most politicians are Slytherins, for example.

The problem is that J.K. Rowling, even after defining that, made every Slytherin at best an unlikeable asshole (Snape, Malfoy) and at worst psychotic racist murderers. It's one of the biggest flaws in the Harry Potter universe.

As for your Tyrells, Olenna Tyrell is a Slytherin. Show Margaery is a Slytherin (Book Margaery is probably a Hufflepuff). Mace Tyrell thinks he's a Slytherin but is really a Hufflepuff.

• Like 2

Slytherin's are not evil, they're just primarily self-interested and use cunning to work their surroundings to their advantage. Most politicians are Slytherins, for example.

The problem is that J.K. Rowling, even after defining that, made every Slytherin at best an unlikeable asshole (Snape, Malfoy) and at worst psychotic racist murderers. It's one of the biggest flaws in the Harry Potter universe.

As for your Tyrells, Olenna Tyrell is a Slytherin. Show Margaery is a Slytherin (Book Margaery is probably a Hufflepuff). Mace Tyrell thinks he's a Slytherin but is really a Hufflepuff.

Exactly!!! Slytherins aren't suppose to be all cruel and evil, they are just people who are very cunning and harbor leadership skills (more often than not). JK should have made some good Slytherins to demonstrate this, but unfortunately we're left with thinking it's an "evil" club. I voted Foxface as Ravenclaw, but now that I'm thinking it she could very well be slytherin. Ravenclaws are intelligent, true, but then we have to ask ourselves what did JK really mean when she said intelligent, because there are numerous types of intelligence. The intelligence Foxface demonstrates to me is more cunning, very manipulative of her environment. She never got into a fight with Katniss and Peeta because that wouldn't have been the smartest idea, so instead she just followed them and took their food (like the careers).

• Like 1

I think JK meant intelligence for Ravenclaw as in wisdom and creativity.. er, I guess? Luna is the only truly fleshed out Ravenclaw we get in the books so she is the sole parameter to judge the traits of the entire house by. Cho Chang was a blank slate throughout. I still think Foxface is Ravenclaw though as she relied on her intellect (stealing only unnoticeable bits from her rivals' foods and never confronting anyone as she was physically smaller) and creative skills (the dance to avoid stepping on the landmines, the brilliant hiding in the Cornucopia idea). 

I don't know, I still think Slytherins are mainly defined by their arrogance and cruelty. Sticking to the GoT parallels, think of it as Lannisters = Slytherins and Tyrells = Ravenclaws. Those two families definitely have two very different philosophical outlooks and MOs, so I wouldn't agree with grouping them in the same house. I still think the Tyrell women are Ravenclaws, though a case could be made for Olenna to be Slytherin. Book Margaery is ambiguous and pretty much a cipher without her own POV so she could be any one of Slytherin, Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. For instance, it's possible she was the one who did "the deed" during the Purple Wedding as she had the best opportunity, but as none of the Tyrells have their own POVs, we never know for sure. The show decided to make her a cunning, capable and savvy player of the game, a protege of her grandmother, which was definitely the right way to go.

Edited by Spidey Freak of Highgarden

I think JK meant intelligence for Ravenclaw as in wisdom and creativity.. er, I guess? Luna is the only truly fleshed out Ravenclaw we get in the books so she is the sole parameter to judge the traits of the entire house by. Cho Chang was a blank slate throughout. I still think Foxface is Ravenclaw though as she relied on her intellect (stealing only unnoticeable bits from her rivals' foods and never confronting anyone as she was physically smaller) and creative skills (the dance to avoid stepping on the landmines, the brilliant hiding in the Cornucopia idea). 

I don't know, I still think Slytherins are mainly defined by their arrogance and cruelty. Sticking to the GoT parallels, think of it as Lannisters = Slytherins and Tyrells = Ravenclaws. Those two families definitely have two very different philosophical outlooks and MOs, so I wouldn't agree with grouping them in the same house. I still think the Tyrell women are Ravenclaws, though a case could be made for Olenna to be Slytherin. Book Margaery is ambiguous and pretty much a cipher without her own POV so she could be any one of Slytherin, Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. For instance, it's possible she was the one who did "the deed" during the Purple Wedding as she had the best opportunity, but as none of the Tyrells have their own POVs, we never know for sure. The show decided to make her a cunning, capable and savvy player of the game, a protege of her grandmother, which was definitely the right way to go.

The best analogue for Ravenclaw in GoT are the Maesters of course, but that's a bit besides the point.

I'd say GoT takes place in a world where Slytherins thrive, but it is all about foils.  The Starks and the Greyjoys the two sides of Gryffindor.  The Lanisters and the Tyrells are two sides of Slytherin.  GoT explores the two sides of those houses, but as of season 3's  finale there are very very few Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff.

• Like 1