Shawn Robbins

Wednesday #s: ANCHORMAN 2 8.1M/ It's in a glass case of emotion / Hobbit (4.855m) / CF (1.243m)

Seeing the two little girls in the hallway still creeps me the fuck out.  Especially because they say my name.  

"Danny, come play with us."  Heebee jeebies.

• Like 2

I don't mind the kid, cause he's a kid. But the wife is hilariously bad.

I was not comfortable with the Shelley Duvall character being so weak and submissive. She was thinly written imo.

Edited by Merry Xmas From JackNevada

• Founder / Operator

Shawn, was it the long ass post where he called you out for the STID/IM3 club?

To answer your question though: yeah, the two or three he posted this morning did it. A short suspension seemed more efficient than getting into another pointless argument with him. I usually ignore the "dude, you made a bad prediction so you're always going to be wrong, forever and aye!" posts, but it's not the first time he's done it and he went about it in rude way. If he had stopped sooner, wouldn't have cared.

I didn't realize how much he was still doing that stuff until I looked back through his posts after seeing what he wrote to me. Thought he had tamed since TASM came out last year. I actually thought we were getting along, heh.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1

Shining isn't even close to my favourite horror film but I have a hard time with people finding any fault in it.  IMO, it's close to a perfect horror film.

• Like 3

The Shining is one of a small handful of horror films I think are legitmately great.

I'm not saying its a bad movie, far from it. It's a fantastic piece of filmmaking. It just didn't resonate with me. I didn't understand it. 

Edited by Merry Xmas From JackNevada

You know what would be a great version of The Shining: One done by Marty. Cape Fear and Shutter Island prove he can make a compelling atmospheric thriller with gothic overtones.

I disagree (respectfully). Kubrick was a perfect fit for the story. Cape Fear and Shutter Island are well-made B movies. Shining ain't.

• Like 1

I disagree (respectfully). Kubrick was a perfect fit for the story. Cape Fear and Shutter Island are well-made B movies. Shining ain't.

Cape Fear is from a B movie.

• Like 1