Shawn Robbins

Wednesday #s: ANCHORMAN 2 8.1M/ It's in a glass case of emotion / Hobbit (4.855m) / CF (1.243m)

You know what would be a great version of The Shining: One done by Marty. Cape Fear and Shutter Island prove he can make a compelling atmospheric thriller with gothic overtones.

Cape Fear is a remake though. It was almost the same.

Because we seem well on the way there:

1. Paths of Glory

2. Dr. Strangelove

3. Barry Lyndon

4. Lolita

5. Spartacus

6. Full Metal Jacket

7.The Shining

8. 2001: A Space Odyssey

I had no idea why the bottom half of the pic was missing from the smiley gif. I kept looking and wanted to know why I couldn't see the bottom half, maybe that it was my computer. Or that perhaps it was just it typing. But then I saw closer the hand motion.....and then I knew why I couldn't see the bottom, and that it in fact was not typing.......

And this will be my blonde moment of the day.

• Like 1

Paths of Glory, Dr. Strangelove, Barry Lyndon

I like Paths, Killing, Strangelove and 2001 most... I've always liked Spartacus as well. Paths is the one Kubrick film that many self-proclaimed Kubrick admirer's have yet to see. Well, at least the ones I've met. It's such a fantastic movie. Classic through and through.

Shelly Duvall was perfect for that role. Danny was awesome. Jack is brilliant. Kubrick knocked it out of the park. Tele saying Shining isn't that good is about as absurd as me saying that DOS is Plan 9 bad. :)

I never said it was terrible. I just think it's overrated. I'm not a huge fan of post-BARRY LYNDON Kubrick -- IMO all of his later films are somewhat mixed.