filmnerdjamie

Weekend Numbers Smaug 31.4, AM2 26.7 Frozen/AH 19.1

DOS 12.2,AM2 9.5,FRZ 7.8,AH 7.3,SMB 3.4,CF 3.3,TP 2.8, WWD 2.7,D3 1.3AH fri will increase

Pretty muted jumps across the board.  I guess the Christmas shopping frenzy and maybe the weather had an impact.  Still a good hold from last week for Frozen and its still running well ahead, over 2x, of Tangled daily.

I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow for TDW.

Edited by WileECoyote
  • Like 1

Agree  -_-

...except for Anchorman 2 <_<

It's estimated 38 million 5-day is not much over Anchorman's 36.5 million 5 day(Fri to Tue) 9 years of inflation ago

Waiting nearly ten years is almost always a mistake. The enormous cultural cache that the original once had has been eroded somewhat. There's also something to be said for PG-13 comedy not being the draw it once was. R-rated comedy reigns supreme these days. 

• Like 3

Frozen requires 9% drop on Sunday to hit 20M for the weekend. Doable IMO.

Hobbit should also drop in 10-12% region on Sunday for 31.5-32m weekend.

Dhoom 3 opening would be close to 3.5m which makes 10m finish a real possibility.

For the rest of the movies I'd say AM2 - 25.5M, AH - 19.5M, CF- 8.5M

Agree  -_-

...except for Anchorman 2 <_<

It's estimated 38 million 5-day is not much over Anchorman's 36.5 million 5 day(Fri to Tue) 9 years of inflation ago

The difference being that Anchorman 2 will have Christmas legs and cruise past $100M.

• Like 2

weekend guesses after seeing Saturday numbers:

Hobbit DOS - 31.7

Anchorman 2 - 26.1

American Hustle - 19.8

Frozen - 19.7

Saving Mr Banks - 9.3

Catching Fire - 8.7

Madea Christmas - 7.6

Walking With Dinosaurs - 7.1

Say what you will about Anchorman 2, as it seems like the folks who guessed high and were hoping for it to hit 175M are out of luck, but it looks like the biggest disappointments this weekend are Saving Mr Banks and Walking With Dinosaurs. I don't think too many people had high expectations for WWD, but I know a few people had Anchorman-sized expectations for SMB earlier this year.

Sat an Sunday is a bit muted as Ontario and Quebec are pretty much shutdown from Ice storm. 

Yea we're getting killed for sure here from the ice.  Roads are brutal in a lot of places.  

• Like 1

Just for the hell of it, if Anchorman was to follow a pattern from the last time Christmas fell on Wednesday, here is what it would do:

Sun:  8.6

Mon: 5.8

Tues (Christmas Eve) 3.4

CD (Wed) 5.4

Thurs: 6.75

Fri: 7.5

Sat:  7.6

Sun: 6.4

Mon: 4.5

Tues (NYE): 3.7

NYD: 4.8

Thurs: 3.3

Fri:  3.9

Sat:  5.2

Sun: 3.3

That's 80 mill over the next 15 days.  That puts it at 110 mill.  Give it another 20-30 mill and it still gets to 130-140 mill. 

So it's a slow start no doubt.  But it's far from dead right now.  You just have to give it time.

• Like 4

We Canada handle Snow but Canadians are scared of an ice storm based on past events.  :D

Yes, you can shovel snow, you can put snow tires on to help you drive, but there are no ice tires.

Edited by Christmas baumer