filmnerdjamie

Weekend Numbers Smaug 31.4, AM2 26.7 Frozen/AH 19.1

Cloudy with A Chance of Metballs 2 was originally supposed to open this weekend. It would probably have made more money had it stuck to that date

It opened on this weekend on Spain and Portugal and in both flopped. I would say Sony did the right thing in America by releasing it in September.

Probably, but it is based on when the movie released. Like we say Avatar was the highest grossing movie of 2009 and not Transformers 2.

no shit, sherlock

End of December, beginning of January is when a lot of publications publish "biggest of the year" lists though, and IM3 should still be ahead at that time.

Or if you've recorded the movie on your tv, I guess. Did that with The Searchers the other day. Will hopefully get around to finally watching it. There are movies that have been recorded on my tv for almost three years and haven't been watched.

I don't see how CF beats IM3. I hope it does, but I see the Christmas competition being too fierce for it to hang around enough. 

I do wonder how many screens Catching Fire will lose on Wednesday. I have a feeling it's going to lose a ton. There aren't that many other high screen count movies out there, once you eliminate the movies that just opened 2 days ago. It's just Hobbit, Frozen, CF, and Madea Christmas, and obviously the last 2 should lose far more theaters than the first 2.

My point is why not watch a dvd why watch an edited movie on tv with commercials

Because youre already paying $$ for cable/satellite. Not everyone wants to shell out $20+ for DVD/BR's that theyll end up just not watching. Plus theres a thing called DVR. Thats alot easier than trying to stack up a huge DVD collection. Movies on TV is fine and commercials are commercials. Plus thats only basic cable. Premium networks dont edit or air commercials. Yeah its annoying when they over-edit these R rated movies like Hangover, otherwise its no big deal.