filmnerdjamie

Weekend Numbers Smaug 31.4, AM2 26.7 Frozen/AH 19.1

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/dhoom3-box-office-records-north-america/

Posted ImageDhoom 3the action thriller that is also playing like gangbusters in India, is tallying up records in North America this weekend. The opening day estimate on the Bollywood film in 236 theaters is $1.075M and it is on track for a $3.5M three-day weekend. That marks the biggest opening ever for a Bollywood title in North America. Dhoom 3 now has the distinction of being the first Bollywood movie to do over $1M on its opening day. It also scored the highest opening gross for any Indian movie, surpassing the previous record holder, Disney‘s UTV love story Chennai Express (which grossed an estimated $745K for its Friday). On Dhoom‘s opening day, it had a per screen average of about $4,500 versus Chennai‘s roughly $3,800

As for Noctis - about time. I cant stand intolerance.

As for this thread, man I always miss the fun, bringing-together, like heavy convos. And I like likes. Yall stop having them without me, I meant it. Dont do it.

As for Frozen, I kinda wanna see what the hoopla is all about, but a 20 year old black guy going likely alone doesnt really fit. I guess I'll have to wait for Redbox i guess then I can watch with my gf. Man the old saying of "you lose almost all your friends once you go to college" is truth bruh. Truth.

As for American Hustle, I might go tonight. I have nothing else to do. I don't really know what its all about, but with that cast and the reception it doesnt really matter. Its ironic that with the demographics of all these movies, Madea is one of the one I'd least likely see.

Also I just ate a doughnut and it was delicious. And the movie Big Fat Liar from 2002 defines cinematic fun. K thanks bye.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 2

As for Noctis - about time. I cant stand intolerance.

As for this thread, man I always miss the fun, bringing-together, like heavy convos. And I like likes. Yall stop having them without me, I meant it.

As for Frozen, I kinda wanna see what the hoopla is all about, but a 20 year old black guy going likely alone doesnt really fit. I guess I'll have to wait for Redbox i guess then I can watch with my gf. Man the old saying of "you lose almost all your friends once you go to college" is truth bruh. Truth.

As for American Hustle, I might go tonight. I have nothing else to do. I don't really know what its all about, but with that cast and the reception it doesnt really matter. Its ironic that with the demographics of all these movies, Madea is one of the one I'd least likely see.

Also I just ate a doughnut and it was delicious. And the movie Big Fat Liar from 2002 defines cinematic fun. K thanks bye.

Dude get over it. You're into film. You got to shake off the insecurities and go and see it. 

• Like 6

• Founder / Operator

Whaaaaaaaaa....?!I'm sorry, WHAT?I love LC and all, but it's basically a lighter, goofier copy of RAIDERS.

Eh, maybe the Empire/SW comparison wasn't the best in terms of story tone. I was just trying to come up with something on the fly. But... again, for me it's about characters, and I find TLC slightly more engaging in that aspect.

• Founder / Operator

The Last Crusade has a big knock against it by turning Marcus and Sallah into goofballs

The relationship between Connery and Ford makes up for it, IMO. Those characters engage me into the movie more than Indy and Marion in Raiders.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

For anyone who doesn't watch the show, The Big Bang Theory essentially proved why Indiana Jones is mostly irrelevant to the entire plot of Raiders. :lol:

Fair warning: once realized, it cannot be unrealized...

How The Big Bang Theory Ruined Indiana Jones for Everyone

But as Amy so adroitly points out, in Raiders, Indy achieves precisely nothing, even if he does do it rather spectacularly. Had he not interfered, the Nazis would still have been vanquished by their natural enemy – God – as they would have simply found the Ark, opened it, and had their faces melted off.

The only time Indy comes close to making any kind of impact is when he discovers the correct place for the head-piece and subsequently finds the Well Of Souls, but even then the Nazis suddenly appear within minutes, having presumably recalculated and discovered their initial error (without spending too long actually looking for the Well Of Souls presumably, since it would only be a few inches under the surface after a couple of thousand years.)

Would anything have turned out differently if Indy hadn’t even showed up at all? The Nazis would definitely have found the head-piece, and taken it from Marion, who was a hopeless, but high-functioning alcoholic, adn they would have opened it – probably on the island where they planned to test its powers, as opposed to under Hitler’s nose, unfortunately.

So, Indy wasted his time – but he did do two things that changed history, both for the worse…

:ph34r:

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 4

Dude get over it. You're into film. You got to shake off the insecurities and go and see it. 

Maybe i'll take a little cousin or something. I'd much rather go with my girlfriend but shes going to Hawaii for Christmas. And its not something i'd rush too anyway, I'm not big on musicals - at all, I'm curious on how its kicking BO ass. Its not really an insecurity with me, its just awkward. We'll see, but i'd much rather wait 4 months, pay a $1 and then i can see it with my SO, instead of paying $9 and going alone.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

Noctis has no self control. Once he gets going he can't stop himself. He's like a ticking time bomb. I could see the ban coming a mile away.

Personally I never had any beefs with the guy, but I can understand how his abrasivness can rub people the wrong way

For anyone who doesn't watch the show, The Big Bang Theory essentially proved why Indiana Jones is mostly irrelevant to the entire plot of Raiders. :lol:

How The Big Bang Theory Ruined Indiana Jones for Everyone

:ph34r:

Can't believe people didn't know that before the TBBT episode. That theory has been one of the most hotly debated online since I can remember. First time I had read it was in a Matrix forum before the release of Reloaded (a.k.a. the good old days)

• Like 1

RedBox sounds amazing. We don't have those in Finland. But then I know how RedBox basically destroyed video rental stores in the US so I'm not sure I want that to happen here as well.

Also, it's a pain to wait for people to choose their movies:http://hollywoodandswine.com/new-federal-law-will-make-it-legal-to-punch-assholes-who-take-too-long-picking-a-movie-at-redbox/
  • Like 1